In this brief guide, we are going to answer the question “does baking soda stain” with an in-depth analysis of whether or not baking soda stains. Moreover, we are going to discuss how to use baking soda for removing stains and how it can also be used for cleaning purposes.
So without much ado, let’s dive in and figure out more about it.
Does baking soda stain?
No, baking soda does not stain and it is an uncommon phenomenon that you see baking soda staining your carpets, rugs, or clothes. Baking soda is a stain remover and is often used mixed with water or vinegar. The thing about baking soda is that it needs to be mixed with some acid for its reaction (it is basic and reacts with the acid to liberate carbon dioxide). So if it is used with the acid, it won’t leave any stain behind but if you are using it only with water then there could be chances of some white residues being there on your carpet, rug, or sofas.
The most unexpected thing that can happen when you clean your carpet or rug with baking soda is that you have not completely mixed the baking soda with water and afterward, have not cleaned it with enough water, so there can be a bit of white baking soda spots. .So if you are too skeptical about baking soda staining your carpets, it is better to use some commercially prepared stain remover for cleaning your carpets and sofas.
However, if the baking soda is used along with vinegar then there can be chances of the vinegar slightly bleaching the area where you have applied it but the risk of this happening is really low.
How to use baking soda for removing sweat stains?
Make a paste of baking soda along with water and apply it directly to the sweat stains. To make the paste it is recommended to take ¼ cup of warm water and add 4 tbsp of baking soda to it.
For more resistant stains you can try to apply a concentrated baking soda paste with the help of a brush directly on the stain and leave it there till it dries. Afterward, wash it off under running water.
You can read more about stain removing techniques here.
How to use baking soda for removing vomit stains?
You can directly sprinkle some baking soda on the site where there is vomit (on the clothes, carpets, etc.) and let it stay there for a while. Afterward, wash the clothes with a detergent. The application of the baking soda not only will help you in getting rid of the smell of the vomit but will also help in removing the vomit stains off the cloth.
Can we use baking soda to get rid of smelly laundry?
So if you are not getting the time to wash your dirty clothes and they have piled up a lot. Surely there will be some smell around them. So what you can do in this scenario is to sprinkle some baking soda directly on these clothes to get rid of their foul smell. But do not forget to wash them when you get the time.
How to use baking soda for cleaning purposes?
Microwave / Oven
- Turn off your oven.
- Remove the oven racks.
- Make a baking soda paste with water.
- Apply this paste on the inside of the oven.
- Leave it for a couple of hours.
- Afterward, clean the oven with the help of a damp sponge.
- Turn off the refrigerator.
- Remove all the food items and the racks present in the fridge.
- Make a baking soda paste with water or you can even make a paste out of baking soda with some lemon juice added to it to freshen up your refrigerator.
- Apply this paste in the refrigerator and leave it for a couple of hours.
- Afterward, clean the refrigerator with the help of a non-abrasive sponge.
- So firstly you have to defrost all the ice present in the freezer. For doing that you should get all the items out of the freezer, turn it off and let it thaw.
- Now take a lemon and cut the lemon into two halves.
- Now take some baking soda on a plate.
- Now take the half sliced lemon and coat its cut side generously with the baking soda present on the plate.
- Now take this lemon and with the help of this, wipe and clean your ice maker. So once you have completely covered the ice maker with enough lemon and baking soda mixture, leave it for an hour and afterward clean it with the help of a damp sponge.
- So once you have thoroughly wiped away all the baking soda and lemon mixture from the ice maker with the help of a sponge, now it’s time to put it back in the freezer and turn it on.
In this brief guide, we answered the question “does baking soda stain” with an in-depth analysis of whether or not baking soda stains. Moreover, we discussed how to use baking soda for removing stains and how it can also be used for cleaning purposes.