This brief guide will address the query, “Do you refrigerate apple cider vinegar after opening?”.We will discuss the method of storing it. Moreover, we will also discuss the shelf life of opened and unopened bottles of apple cider vinegar and its health benefits.
Do you refrigerate apple cider vinegar after opening?
No, you do not need to refrigerate the opened apple cider vinegar. Antioxidant properties are present in apple cider vinegar that’s why it gives you many health benefits.
The shelf life of apple cider vinegar is indefinite if you properly store it. Don’t keep it near heat and sunlight.
What is the method of storing apple cider vinegar?
To properly store apple cider vinegar, make use of the following 2 methods:
Maintaining peak condition
Tightly screw the cap
- Vinegar does not spoil easily. If you properly close the cap, then bacteria can’t enter it.
- If you leave the bottle opened, then know that bugs and bacteria can enter the bottle.
- Before you store apple cider vinegar, properly close the cap.
Don’t keep it near sunlight
- The quality of apple cider vinegar can be maintained by keeping it away from any source of sunlight.
- You can store apple cider vinegar in the kitchen cupboard and the pantry.
- If you are going to store apple cider vinegar on the counter, then know that you can keep it away from sunlight by storing it in a sterile and dark glass bottle.
Keep it in a cool place
- Apple cider vinegar can be placed in a cool place. Don’t keep apple cider vinegar close to any source of heat and stove.
- Store apple cider vinegar in the cooler area of the kitchen or any other cooler place.
Avoid diluting apple cider vinegar
- Due to the levels of acidity apple cider vinegar does not spoil. Diluting apple cider vinegar will decrease the levels of acidity. Due to this, bad bacteria can grow in vinegar. It will decrease its shelf life.
- If it is necessary to dilute the vinegar, then keep it in the fridge after diluting it.
Quality of vinegar
- Cloudiness can occur in apple cider vinegar. But this is not of concern.
- Apple cider vinegar contains naturally occurring fibre. This can become the reason for cloudiness.
- Cloudiness can be filtered out. Cloudiness can be prevented by keeping it in the fridge.
- You can use clean muslin for filtering the cloudiness.
- You can know the shelf life of apple cider vinegar by checking the expiration date. You can use apple cider vinegar even after the expiry date.
- If you notice the change in the flavor of apple cider vinegar, then discard it.
The odour of apple cider vinegar
- Apple cider vinegar does not spoil easily. If the taste and smell of apple cider vinegar have changed, then know that it has gone bad.
- Apple cider vinegar gives an acidic smell, if it does not give that smell, then discard it.
The appearance of apple cider vinegar
- Check the color, if you notice that the color of apple cider vinegar has changed, then it means it has gone bad.
- If you notice the gas escaping when you open the bottle of apple cider vinegar, then it is a sign of its spoilage.
What is the shelf life of apple cider vinegar?
The shelf life of apple cider vinegar depends on whether it is opened or unopened. Let us take into consideration both factors separately:
If you have opened the bottle of apple cider vinegar, then its shelf life will be one year.
The shelf life of an unopened bottle of apple cider vinegar is 24 months.
There are many health benefits of this vinegar. Your weight loss can be helped by using it.
What are the health benefits of apple cider vinegar?
Apple cider vinegar has the following health benefits:
- You can use apple cider vinegar as a medicine.
- Apple cider vinegar has been proven to show its antimicrobial and antibacterial properties.
- You can lose weight by using it. You can lose 1.2 kg of weight by the use of 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar. 1.7 kg weight can be lost by the use of 2 tablespoons of it.
- Levels of cholesterol can be reduced.
- Levels of blood sugar can be lowered. 31.4 % of blood sugar levels can be reduced by the use of apple cider vinegar.
- The disease of diabetes can be improved. 19 to 34 % of insulin levels can be improved by using apple cider vinegar.
- Pathogens are killed due to their acidic quality.
- You can use it to clean kitchen utensils.
In this brief guide, we have addressed the query,” Do you refrigerate apple cider vinegar after opening?”. We have discussed the method of storing it. Moreover, we have also discussed the shelf life of opened and unopened bottles of apple cider vinegar and its health benefits.