This brief guide will address the query, “Do garlic and coriander go together?” We will also discuss the best food and spices that can be paired with coriander and garlic.
Moreover, we will also describe some recipes that use the combination of garlic and coriander, how to make garlic coriander oil, and if we can mix coriander and garlic.
Do garlic and coriander go together?
Yes, garlic and coriander go well together. Garlic and coriander combinations are often used in different varieties of cuisines be it Indian, Mexican, or Southeast Asian.
The flavors from garlic and coriander go very well in both sweet and savory dishes. Garlic coriander bread is a popular and widely loved recipe that uses both coriander and garlic together.
What spices and foods go well with garlic and coriander?
|Herbs and spices||Anise, basil, allspice, bay leaves, cilantro, caraway, cumin, coriander, dill, fenugreek, ginger, mustard seed, marjoram, paprika, oregano, parsley, thyme, rosemary||Basil, cumin, cinnamon, cloves, chervil, curry, fennel sesame, saffron, garlic, ginger, pepper, thyme, nutmeg, bay leaves, cardamom, chilies|
|Foods and vegetable||Beans, broccoli, cabbage, cheese, chicken, cream, curries, eggplant, lamb, lemon, leeks, lentils, lime, mushrooms, olive oil, onions, pasta, potatoes, soy sauce, tomatoes, beef, corn, spinach, zucchini||Avocado, potatoes, onions, broccoli, cauliflower, coconut, corn, dragon fruit, citrus fruits, fig, honeydew, apples, mango, orange, eggplant, peas, papaya, pineapple, melons, strawberry, sweet potato, turnip, zucchini, hams, eggs, chicken, beef, lamb, lentils, pork, beans, mushroom|
What can we make with garlic and coriander combination?
Coriander and garlic make a great pair and complements each other very well so they are often used together in many recipes. Let us look at some recipes with garlic and coriander combination:
Garlic coriander salmon
- Four tablespoons olive oil
- Garlic paste(3-4 cloves)
- Two teaspoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoons chili powder and ¼ teaspoons salt
- A bunch of chopped coriander
- Salmon pieces (cleaned and skinned)
- 50g finely chopped onions
- Combine 3 tablespoons olive oil, garlic, lime juice, chili powder, salt, and coriander in a shallow container and pour over fresh and cleaned salmon pieces.
- Mix the salmon pieces until they are completely covered with the spice mix. Cover them and refrigerate for a few hours.
- Warm up some olive oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion and cook for a minute or two until they are light brownish and give off a strong aroma.
- Cook the salmon on both sides for 4-5 minutes until they look cooked.
- To check if your salmon is cooked, insert the tip of a knife between the flakes of fish. Cooked salmon has a somewhat pinkish tone in the center.
Garlic coriander bread
- 1 loaf of Italian bread or baguette
- 100g of salted melted butter
- Finely chopped coriander (a handful)
- 3-4 cloves of garlic (paste)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2-3 teaspoon lemon juice (not compulsory)
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees before you start preparing the bread.
- Combine all the ingredients and prepare a thick paste
- Slice the bread into desired slices. Make sure you don’t cut the slices too thin or too thick.
- Spread the thick paste all over the slices on both sides without applying too much of it.
- Cover the bread slices in foil and bake them for 15-20 minutes until they are soft brown and crispy.
- Check for the crispiness, if not crispy, keep it for the next five minutes.
- Your crispy coriander garlic bread is ready to be served.
Can we mix coriander and garlic together?
Yes, you can mix coriander and garlic together. In fact, you can even find garlic coriander mix in the market. Garlic powder and coriander powder can be mixed all together and used in your recipes.
Mixing the ground forms of coriander and garlic is different from mixing fresh garlic and coriander. They have some similarities in flavors but the overall taste and their use in your recipes will completely differ.
Adding fresh coriander garlic paste to your recipe gives more aroma from the fresh juices of the coriander-garlic paste. You can grind coriander and garlic to make a thick paste.
This paste can be used in your curries and while making dips as well. You can find garlic coriander mix for your dishes here.
How to make garlic coriander oil?
Combine 2 tablespoons of olive oil and a few finely chopped garlic in a small saucepan. In medium flame, cook them for 2-3 minutes until the garlic turns light brown to golden. Add two teaspoons of ground coriander and stir and cook for 10-20 seconds.
Turn off the heat immediately and transfer to a small heat proof container to prevent overcooking. You can use this oil in the veggies of your choice along with the other spices.
This brief guide has addressed the query, “Do garlic and coriander go together?” We have also discussed the best food and spices that can be paired with coriander and garlic.
Moreover, we have also described some recipes that use the combination of garlic and coriander, how we can make garlic coriander oil, and if we can mix coriander and garlic together.