In this article, we will answer the question “Can you toast bread in an air fryer?”, and how to toast bread in an air fryer?
Can you toast bread in an air fryer?
Yes, you can toast bread in an air fryer. Air fried bread tastes heavenly and takes no preparation effort or cleanup. Air fryer dramatically reduces the cooking time of the toasted bread without ever burning your bread if you do it right. Read on for more tips and variations.
How to toast bread in an air fryer?
Cosori Air Fryer 5.8qt
- 4 slices bread
- 2 Tablespoons butter (½ tablespoons per slice)
- Smear butter on each side of the bread slices. Place the slice in the air fryer basket, such that the buttered side is facing down. Then spread the butter on the side facing you.
- Set the temperature and timer to 400°F / 205°C and 4 mins.
- After 4 minutes, flip the slices if they have not achieved the desired level of crunch and color.
- Serve alongside eggs, bacon, sausage, butter, or jelly.
- Do not overcrowd the air fryer basket. It may result in unevenly browned spots. Fit in only 2 slices if your air fryer can only accommodate that.
- Check the toast for doneness a little earlier than 4 minutes for the subsequent batches.
|Saturated fat||7.4 g|
Tips and variations for making toast in an air fryer?
- The cooking time needs to be adjusted according to the model of your air fryer. Read the manual to get detailed information on what temperature to heat what food.
- Do not force more than 2 slices of bread if your air fryer cannot take it. Overlapped bread slices will turn out unevenly browned with a softer texture in the overlapped region.
- The slices placed on the lower rack of the air fryer will naturally take longer to toast.
- The cooking time may also vary depending upon the thickness of your bread slices.
- Jazz up your toast game by smearing garlic butter before and after air frying your bread slices. This is called a Texas Toast.
- Use gluten-free bread or paleo bread if you want to make gluten toast or paleo toast, respectively.
Why is air fryer toast the best?
Toasting bread in the air fryer is very effortless. The cleanup after making the toast in an air fryer is negligible. The best thing is that you do not have any apprehensions for burnt or soggy toast.
If you are catering to a crowd, you can toast as much as 8 slices of bread at a time if your air fryer can accommodate that. Air fryer always results in evenly browned and crispy toast.
Topping ideas for air fryer toasted bread
Jam and toasted bread are a classic combination. You can use any of your favorite fruit jams. If you are not a fan of jams, you can try pairing your toast with nut butter. Peanut butter, almond butter, cashew butter, and pumpkin butter are all great choices for your toast.
Place a dollop of mascarpone cheese on the toasted bread or smear it across the slice. If you despise dairy, you can use vegan mascarpone. Sliced or mashed avocado on top of toasted bread is yet another delicious breakfast classic.
How to make french toast in an air fryer?
- ½ cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tbsp powdered sugar
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 4 slices bread We used Brioche Chocolate Chip bread.
- maple syrup
- Preheat your air fryer at 360° F | 176° C. this will take about 5 minutes or so.
- In a mixing bowl, crack the eggs and whisk them. Then add the sugar and cinnamon and beat the mixture until well combined.
- Line the air fryer basket with parchment paper.
- Dip the slice of bread in the prepared egg mixture and place it in the air fryer basket. Place more egg-washed bread slices in the basket if the air fryer can easily accommodate them.
- Let the slices air fry for about 6 minutes. To promote even frying, flip the slices halfway through the frying time.
- Serve the french toast on a plate and sprinkle it with some powdered sugar. Drizzle some maple syrup on top if you like. Cut the french toast into 1-inch strips to make french toast sticks.
Other FAQs about Bread that you may be interested in.
In this article, we answered the question “Can you toast bread in an air fryer?”, and how to toast bread in an air fryer?