Can you put Vitamix in the dishwasher?
This article will answer the question “Can you put Vitamix in the dishwasher?”, and how to quick-clean and deep-clean your Vitamix?
Can you put Vitamix in the dishwasher?
Although some parts of the Vitamix are top-rack dishwasher-safe, It is not recommended to wash Vitamix in the dishwasher. Hand-washing is encouraged for the longevity of the equipment.
How to quick-clean a Vitamix?
- Swirl warm water inside the blender immediately after use to prevent the food residue from drying and sticking. Fill the carafe with warm soapy water.
- Close the lid, turn the dial to speed “1” and press the start button. Gradually increase the speed to ‘High’. Run the blender for 30-60 seconds at this speed followed by returning the dial to “1” and eventually turning off the blender.
- Empty the blender and place it in an upended position to let it air dry.
- The lid and tamper of the Vitamix are top-rack dishwashers safe. But you can also wash them with warm soapy water and a sponge. Give them a final rinse with clean water and place in an upended position to let air dry.
How to Quick-Clean a Vitamix With a “Clean” Setting?
- After rinsing the blender carafe with warm water, fill it up to 50% with warm soapy water.
- Close the lid and turn on the machine after selecting the ‘Clean setting’. Since this setting is in-built, the machine turns off automatically once the cycle is complete and the cleaning is finished.
- Empty the blender and give the blender a final rinse with warm water. Place in an upended position to let air dry.
- The lid and tamper of the Vitamix are top-rack dishwashers safe. But you can also wash them with warm soapy water and a sponge.
- Give them a final rinse with clean water and place in an upended position to let air dry.
How to deep clean a Vitamix?
If you do not clean your Vitamix after each use, the food residue will dry and stick to the carafe. This problem may also arise especially after processing a sticky food in your Vitamix.
- To counter this problem, fill the carafe with warm soapy water up the rim. Let it stay like this for at least 1-2 hours. This will loosen up the stuck food bits.
- Use a sponge to remove the loosened particles.
- After this, run the standard cleaning procedure as described above.
How to eliminate odors from a Vitamix?
- Make a solution by mixing white vinegar and warm water in equal parts. Fill your Vitamix up to 50% with this solution. Then perform the quick-cleaning steps as described above.
- If your Vitamix still reeks of the unpleasant odor, fill the carafe with the white vinegar and water mixture up to the rim. Leave it as-is for a minimum of 4 hours and maximum overnight.
- Empty the carafe and perform the standard quick-cleaning procedure as described above.
How to remove turmeric stains from a Vitamix?
- Turmeric is a deeply pigmented spice and tends to leave a distinct stain that looks very unappealing. To get rid of this, try placing the carafe in the sun. The UV light will help in the de-staining process.
- If the tint is not completely gone yet, try filling the carafe halfway through with a solution of warm water and 1 ½ tsp bleach. Empty the carafe and perform the standard quick-cleaning procedure as described above.
- If the tint still persists, your last bet is to rub a paste of baking soda and water using a soft-bristled toothbrush. Rinse the carafe with warm water and proceed with the standard quick-cleaning procedure detailed above.
Can My Stainless Steel Blades Corrode in the Dishwasher?
Stainless steel will not corrode in the dishwasher unless you help it. This incredibly resistant alloy only contains about 5nm of steel protected beneath the oxidized surface of the alloy.
Stainless steel is not labeled ‘stainless’ until mixed with a 10.5% content of chromium. Unless you expose the stainless steel blades of the Vitamix to moisture, for prolonged periods of time in the dishwasher, it won’t corrode. The five-nanometer chromium coating is what protects the iron in the steel from oxidizing.
Why is air-drying important after cleaning Vitamix?
It is not recommended to use the dry-heat setting in the dishwasher for drying your blender parts.
Instead, you should let them air-dry by placing them upside down on a countertop dish strainer or hanging them by hooks. Air-drying does two things:
- It prevents bacterial growth. Because bacteria love a moist and dark environment for multiplication.
- Air-drying prevents the deposition of minerals and or sediments on your blender parts or other utensils. Utensils that are dried in the dishwasher or those dried incorrectly on the countertop often face this problem.
This article answered the question “Can you put Vitamix in the dishwasher?”, and how to quick-clean and deep-clean your Vitamix?