In this brief guide, we are going to answer the question “can you put cocoa butter on your face” with an in-depth analysis of the potential benefits associated with putting cocoa butter on your face. Moreover, we are going to highlight what happens when you put cocoa butter on your face, what are its benefits to the skin, how you can put it, and what exactly cocoa butter is.
Can you put cocoa butter on your face?
Yes, you can put cocoa butter on your face without any risk or side effects. The main reason behind this application is the unique configuration and composition of cocoa butter that makes this product a perfect candidate to be added to cosmetics or to serve as a moisturizing cream itself.
Cocoa butter on face:
Cocoa butter is claimed to be an efficient item that can provide your skin with a wide range of benefits even though there is no scientific evidence to support this claim. You can easily use the cocoa butter on your skin, keeping in mind its potential applications.
The application of cocoa butter is thought to be safe in terms of any allergies and it does not have any caffeine in it. But there is a problem with this butter which is that it can clog the pores. So, if you have sensitive skin and are already facing an acne problem, you should avoid it.
Benefits of cocoa butter on skin:
Cocoa butter possesses well-known beneficial properties due to its denser texture as compared to other moisturizers. This thickness is due to the high-fat content that can moisturize and hydrate your skin when applied. It can be applied once or multiple times a day.
- The cocoa butter can provide you with a lot of skin benefits that are listed below:
- Cocoa butter has a strong potential to increase the health and look of the skin on the face.
- It can protect your skin from the sun and provides it with a characteristic elasticity and moisturizing.
- Its oily nature also makes it suitable to be used as a natural makeup remover. The more the cocoa butter is thick, the better it works to remove the makeup.
- Cocoa butter also removes the scars on your face and makes it free of any marked area. For this, apply a small amount of cocoa butter to your face and massage it in a circular, vertical, and horizontal motion. You can apply it more than 1 time, even 10 times, a day.
- Cocoa butter also consists of a high quantity of antioxidants. These antioxidants are effective in fighting against the free radicals and lowering the damage caused by these radicals.
- Cocoa butter can also act as a natural anti-aging agent that removes the scars and dull skin from your face. This may be due to the antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties of cocoa butter.
- The stretch marks can also be removed, when applied by mothers during or after the pregnancy.
- The high-fat content can easily hydrate your skin and the presence of oleic, stearic, and palmitic acids can help you to nourish your skin.
- It can also heal some conditions of sensitive skin, such as eczema and dermatitis.
- Besides using it on the skin to look beautiful, it can also be used to manage stress, get sufficient sleep, and cleanse your face.
How to use cocoa butter on skin:
Cocoa butter is produced by a lot of brands that do not need much preparation before applying it to the skin. Even in its pure form, it can be applied without any risk potential. Generally, you need to follow the following steps:
- Wash your face with warm water and wipe your face with a cloth. Cocoa butter acts better on damp skin.
- Tie your hair on the back as the cocoa butter can give your hair a greasy look.
- Take a scoopful of butter in your hand and apply it. As soon as it comes in contact with your body it will start to melt.
- Massage it in circular, horizontal, and vertical directions, just like any other standard massage.
Cocoa butter is a fat, obtained from a plant-based source, a cocoa bean which is found inside the cocoa pod, growing on cocoa trees. The cocoa pod is the actual fruit that has 30 to 40 cocoa seeds packed in a gourd-shaped covering.
The cocoa butter is produced, once these seeds are processed in different ways, including drying, roasting, and pressing. In this way, the fat is extracted from the beans, this fat is solid at room temperature and can easily be melted at slightly increased temperature due to its low melting point.
The roasted cocoa beans are rich in fatty content, about 54-58% of fat. The fat content contains a lot of saturated fats along with monounsaturated oleic acids. The fatty acids that are responsible for a lot of beneficial effects of cocoa butter are palmitic, lauric, arachidic, stearic, and myristic acid.
Moreover, the fat also retains some odor of the cocoa beans. It is pale yellow and the final form in which it is bought from the market in chunks. The creamy texture of cocoa butter enables you to use it as a moisturizer in your skin-care routine.
Here, you can find about how to prepare cocoa butter from cocoa beans.
In this brief guide, we answered the question “can you put cocoa butter on your face” with an in-depth analysis of the potential benefits of applying cocoa butter on your face that is to maintain the overall health of your skin.
Moreover, we discussed what happens when you apply cocoa butter, what are its benefits for the skin, how you can use it on the skin, and what is cocoa butter.