In this article, we will answer the question “Can you make scrambled eggs in the microwave?”, and how to make scrambled eggs in the oven?
Can you make scrambled eggs in the microwave?
Yes, you can make scrambled eggs in the microwave. Microwaving scrambled eggs is the quickest way to make a healthy and hearty breakfast. You can customize the below-given recipe by adding your favorite add-ons and toppings.
How to make scrambled eggs in the microwave?
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Pepper, as per taste
- Lightly grease a microwave-safe container (e.g. mug, ramekin, or egg cooker) with some oil.
- In a bowl, crack the eggs and whisk until fluffy and light in color. Then stir in the milk and sprinkle some salt and pepper.
- Pour this egg mixture into the microwave-safe container. At this point, you can stir in any add-ons of your choice like meat, shredded cheese, herbs, etc.
- Cover the container with plastic wrap while keeping it slightly open, if you choose to work with a mug or ramekin. If using an egg cooker, line its base using the lid to cover the notches. Fix it in place by rotating it.
- Pop the container in the microwave and cook on medium-High (70% power) for 1 minute and 30 seconds to 1 minute and 45 seconds.
These time and power settings are for a 1000-watt microwave oven. Cooing times change with the wattage, the consistency of the final product, and the cavity size of the oven.
- Stir the eggs after the first 30 seconds or after they start to set. Then stir often afterward to promote even cooking.
- Remove the container from the microwave, cover it and allow it to rest for about 1 min or 30 seconds.
Servings Per Recipe: 2
How to make scrambled eggs in the oven?
- ½ cup butter or margarine, melted
- 24 eggs
- 2 ¼ teaspoons salt
- 2 ½ cups milk
- Preheat the oven at 350℉ for 15-20 minutes.
- Grease a glass 9×13 inch baking dish with melted butter. You can either use a brush for this purpose or just spread it around with your fingers.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs until fluffy and light in color. Then stir in the milk and sprinkle some salt and pepper. At this point, you can go ahead and add some cubes of cream cheese or a dollop of cottage cheese.
This will make the eggs more creamy. If you like, you can add a scoop of pesto or salsa to the egg mixture for a bold flavor. Pour the egg mixture into the greased baking dish.
- Slide the uncovered dish into the oven and bake for 10 minutes or until the eggs sit.
- After 10 minutes, scramble and stir the eggs using a spatula. Bake for another 10-15 minutes.
- Empty the baking dish into the serving dish. Top the baked scrambled eggs with grated cheese and/or herbs. Serve warm and enjoy.
Servings Per Recipe: 12
Can you make scrambled eggs with almond milk?
Yes, you can make scrambled eggs with almond milk. But you can go dairy-free if you prefer it that way. To compensate for the richness that comes with adding dairy milk, you can use dairy-free sour cream instead.
For a perfect breakfast meal, you can serve dairy-free scrambled eggs with potatoes alongside bell pepper and onion mix.
Use the dairy-free scrambled eggs as a filling for breakfast burritos or tortillas and serve them along with salsa and avocado.
Alternatively, you can serve breakfast quesadilla with some vegan cheese and egg on a perfectly halved tortilla shell.
How to make scrambled eggs with almond milk?
- 8 large eggs
- ⅓ cup dairy-free soy milk, or almond milk
- ¼ tsp salt, plus more, to taste
- 2 tbsp dairy-free margarine
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Grab all the ingredients and start by cracking the eggs in a bowl. Beat the eggs with a fork or whisk.
- Stir in the almond milk and sprinkle some salt.
- Heat the dairy-free margarine in a non-stick skillet or pan until it starts to foam. Then reduce the heat to low or medium-low. Make sure the pan is thoroughly greased with the fat.
- Pour the egg and almond milk mixture into the heated pan and let it sit for a few seconds. Then scramble the eggs until just slightly undercooked.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
In this article, we answered the question “Can you make scrambled eggs in the microwave?”, and how to make scrambled eggs in the oven?