In this article, we will answer the question “Can you grind coffee beans in a magic bullet?”, and how long can coffee last in the fridge?
Can you grind coffee beans in a magic bullet?
Yes, you can grind coffee beans in a magic bullet. Follow the steps below.
- Make the magic bullet ready by attaching the flat blade to the magic bullet unit as per the manufacturer’s instructions. Make sure the unit is unplugged.
- Add your coffee beans into the magic bullet container and shut tight.
- Plug the magic bullet into a steady power source.
- Pulse for only 10 seconds. Interrupt it by turning the magic bullet off and shaking the coffee grounds. This will make sure the larger coffee grounds move to the bottom in exchange for the finer grounds.
- Unplug the unit, remove the lid and empty its contents into an air-tight container If they are not to be used immediately.
Can you grind coffee beans in a NutriBullet?
Yes, you can grind coffee beans in a NutriBullet. Because this machine is not specially designed to grind coffee beans, make sure you check the blades and invest in a stronger model of this machine If you have to often use It as a coffee grinder.
How long can coffee last in the fridge?
An unopened package of ground coffee will last 2-3 years in the fridge. If opened, it will last 1-2 years only. An opened or unopened package of ground coffee will stay fresh for only 5 months in the fridge If stored correctly.
Brewed coffee can be stored in the fridge for 3-4 days. Instant coffee, opened or unopened, will last up to 20 years past its best before the date in the fridge.
The shelf-life of coffee
|(Unopened/Sealed)||In the pantry||In the freezer|
|Past printed date||Pat printed date|
|Ground coffee||3-5 months||1-2 years|
|Whole coffee beans||6-9 months||2-3 years|
|Instant coffee||2-20 years||Indefinitely|
|(opened)||In the pantry||In the freezer|
|Once opened||One opened|
|Ground coffee||3-5 months||3-5 months|
|Whole coffee beans||6 months||2 years|
|Instant coffee||2-20 years||Indefinitely|
How to tell If the coffee has gone bad?
- If the coffee develops visual signs of old growth, it should be discarded immediately.
- If the coffee stops giving off its pleasant aroma and starts to smell rancid, it is because the oils responsible for aroma have started to degrade.
- Coffee oxidizes and goes rancid. The toxic compounds produced during the process might make you sick
How to store ground coffee?
Ground coffee, due to an increased surface area, is quick to spoil if not stored properly. It should always be stored in a dark and dry place. Use an opaque air-tight container or a vacuum-sealed package to keep the air and the moisture at bay.
Opaque containers will reflect most of the light. It is better to use coffee vaults instead of going for regular containers. If you bought the coffee in bulk, separate some of the coffee into a separate and smaller container.
Separate the amount that you know will be consumed in the next 2 weeks. By doing so, you are ensuring that the coffee in bulk is not exposed to air and other contaminants on daily basis.
Freezing coffee will extend its shelf-life to years. But the flavor won’t be the same. The brew extracted from frozen coffee will lack interesting and complex flavors.
The health benefits of drinking coffee
The ultimate energy booster
Caffeine present in coffee makes you more alert, uplifts your mood by enhancing dopamine production, and helps better cognitive functions.
Coffee helps reduce weight. Studies have shown that coffee increases the metabolic rate by 3-11%.
Improves exercise performance
Coffee increases the adrenaline production that helps you focus and stay active during exercise. It also reduces post-workout muscle discomfort.
Full of vitamins and minerals
Only a cup of coffee provides 11% of RDI of Vitamin B2, 6% of the RDI of vitamin B5, and also provides a fair amount of minerals like magnesium, manganese, and potassium.
People who drink coffee are at lower risk of getting diabetes type 2, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, and dementia. Coffee has been found to possess anti-cancerous properties.
The ultimate feel-good beverage
Coffee stimulates the release of the feel-good hormone, making you feel happy and satisfied, thereby, decreasing the chances of depression.
Rich source of anti-oxidants
Coffee contains an average of 200-550mg of antioxidants per cup. Anti-oxidants like hydrocinnamic acid and polyphenols present in coffee are the body’s defense against oxidative stress. They promote cardiovascular health.
In this article, we answered the question “Can you grind coffee beans in a magic bullet?”, and how long can coffee last in the fridge?