In this article, we will answer the question “Can you freeze Christmas Chex mix?” and discuss how to freeze Christmas Chex mix?
Can you freeze the Christmas Chex mix?
Yes, you can freeze the Christmas Chex mix. In less than 30 minutes, you can whip up a batch of Christmas crack Chex mix that’s both addicting and delicious. The combination of white chocolate, pretzels, M&M’s, and more in this no-bake snack is just right.
I’m a big fan of quick and easy desserts that need just a few ingredients and are so delicious that you can’t stop eating them. This recipe for Christmas Crack Chex Mix is just that. If you’ve got 5 ingredients and a microwave, you can whip up this decadent dessert in no time at all. Adding candies and pretzels to white chocolate makes it even better for me.
Make this for your Christmas parties or give it to your friends as a Christmas present and you’ll be ready for any occasion. It’s one of my go-to recipes for movie night on Fridays. It really is that simple to make Christmas crack. We make it all year long because we like it so much. It may be used in any season.
What is the Chex mix for the holidays, and what does it include?
Chex cereal, Cheerios, M&M’s candies, and pretzels wrapped in white chocolate make up this sweet and salty treat. Everyone loves this combo. No need for corn syrup or other additives. During the holidays, this is a simple dish to whip together.
- It doesn’t matter what kind of pretzels you use in this recipe. Use twists, snaps, or sticks to make a twist. With the pretzels, some choose to add bugles.
- Multigrain or plain, Cheerios are delightful.
- It’s better to use rice Chex or corn Chex cereal for this. You may choose to employ any or both of these options. I’ve even combined the two.
- Mini and regular-sized M&Ms are also excellent choices for this recipe.
- I used Ghirardelli wafers, but you may use whatever white chocolate you choose. Make sure you’re using high-quality chocolate for this recipe.
Christmas Chex mix may be made by following these instructions:
- Make sure you have a big mixing bowl on hand before you begin. You’ll need a lot of space to mix everything together.
- Chex cereal, Cheerios, pretzels, and M&Ms are all mixed together in a huge bowl.
- The white chocolate will need to be melted in a microwave-safe basin. Microwave on medium heat for 1 minute. In 30 second intervals, stir and heat the chocolate until completely melted. It is critical that you stir often to prevent the chocolate from burning or overcooking.
- Toss the cereal and chocolate into the bowl and stir until evenly coated. Using a spoon, mix everything together until it’s covered in chocolate thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture onto a wax or parchment paper-lined baking sheet and let it harden. It doesn’t take a long time to get started. Typically, it’s ready in approximately 15 minutes.
- If necessary, break it down into smaller pieces. Ziplock bags or other airtight containers may be used to keep the food fresh and safe. For the whole recipe, go here.
What is the shelf life of Chex Christmas Mix?
Keeping it in an airtight jar on the counter can keep it fresh for three days. It may be stored in the freezer for up to three months. This may be made ahead of time and stored in the freezer, making it ideal for the upcoming holiday season.
Are there other cereals available that might be used instead?
Yes, you may use any cereal that is close in flavor. Golden graham cereal, Life cereal, and Lucky Charms are among the possibilities. Traditional Chex cereal may be made using rice, maize, or wheat, as long as it’s in the form of flakes.
Variations of the Christmas Chex mix:
- Add a cup of peanuts or other nuts to the mix if you like them.
- Add sprinkles on the wax paper after the liquid has been poured over it. In addition, it will appear a lot merrier.
- You may also use peanut butter, hazelnut spread, or peanut in place of the M&M’s. As an alternative to Christmas M&Ms, you may use regular M&Ms year-round. The M&M’s may be substituted with other candy for Halloween, Easter, Valentine’s Day, and other special occasions as well.
CHESS MIX IN THE OVEN FOR HOW LONG?
Bake your Chex party mix on a baking sheet for approximately an hour at 250 degrees Fahrenheit, stirring occasionally. As the name implies, we’re toasting the Chex mix in the oven since it’s the fastest and most efficient method to prepare it all at once. Take care to stir every 15 minutes to ensure that the Chex mix toasts evenly.
In this article, we answered the question “Can you freeze Christmas Chex mix?” and discussed how to freeze Christmas Chex mix?