In the following text we will be discussing the following question, “Can you freeze leftover pizza?” We will also know the nutritional value and the ways to make your pizza healthy. We will discuss the proper ways to store leftover pizza. We will also get to know if there are any health concerns about eating frozen leftover pizza.
Can you freeze leftover pizza?
Yes, you can freeze leftover pizza after cooking. You can freeze the restaurant-bought leftover pizza or you can also freeze the homemade leftover pizza. Freezing the cooked pizza increases its shelf life for upto 2 months.
Pizza contains almost all the perishable ingredients including meat, cheese, and bread, due to this pizza should be stored at a proper temperature.
What is the nutritional value of the pizza?
Pizza contains a variety of ingredients and all these ingredients have their own nutritional value. Here we will discuss the nutritional value of 1 slice of standard pizza that contains almost all the ingredients.
|Saturated fats||4 g|
|Vitamin B6||5 %|
What are the proper ways to store leftover pizza?
Leftover pizza can be stored in the freezer for this you need to follow certain steps. If you are making pizza at home then you should normally prepare it according to your recipe. If you are freezing store or restaurant-bought pizza then you should right away freeze it after it cools down once.
- Use hygienic and clean utensils while preparing your pizza at home.
- Wash your hands before handling your food to avoid cross-contamination.
- Use good quality ingredients for your pizza.
- Keep an eye on the expiration date of your ingredients.
- Cover your pizza with the help of a food plastic sheet.
- Wrap an aluminium foil around your pizza to keep it fresh and retain its flavour.
- Store it for 2 months.
- Thaw it in the oven when you are ready to eat it.
How to make your pizza healthy?
- You can add lean meat like chicken and turkey instead of high-fat meats like bacon, beef, etc.
- You can make a thin crust pizza instead of using a thick crust pizza. This will minimise your white bread consumption.
- You can replace your high-fat cheese with low-fat or medium-fat cheese. This will decrease the number of saturated fats and cholesterol in your pizza.
- You can add green vegetables like broccoli and spinach to your pizza to make it healthier.
Are there any health benefits of eating pizza?
The health benefits of eating pizza are:
- Chicken is present in the pizza which is a rich source of vitamins and minerals. Chicken is a good source of B vitamins which are necessary for the body’s metabolism. Vitamin B complex also helps in the maintenance of many other body functions.
- Research studies suggest that if you want to lose weight you should go for the lean protein option and chicken is your best option
- Cheese is the second most important part of the pizza. cheese contains a good amount of B vitamins. It is rich in vitamin B6 and B12, by eating 100 g of cheese you can get the 28% of your daily requirement of vitamin B12.
- This is an essential vitamin that is not formed by the body. Vitamin B12 helps in the functioning of nerve cells and is a major part of DNA synthesis.
- Vitamin B12 is linked to making the mood better and research proves that it can help treat depression.
- Cheese is also a good source of calcium and vitamin D. The diet high in calcium and vitamin D helps maintain the health of bones and teeth. This reduces the risk of osteoporosis.
- Cheese contains calcium, potassium, and protein which help in the maintenance of heart health. According to the research, it is proven that dairy fat is linked to lower cases of heart disease.
- People who are allergic to milk should be careful while eating foods that might contain any kind of cheese because due to their allergy to milk proteins they cannot consume cheese.
What are the health concerns of eating frozen leftover pizza?
Eating frozen leftover pizza has the following health concerns:
- Pizza contains cheese which is a dairy product and just like any other dairy product it goes bad easily and in less time.
If the outer layer of your pizza turns its colour then it means it has gone bad and you need to throw it out. Mould growth is a major concern to the safety of cheese.
- Sometimes your pizza can get cross-contaminated with the other food in the freezer if it is not kept in air-tight containers. This will cause the pathogens to grow in the pizza.
In the above text we discussed the following question, “Can you freeze leftover pizza?” We also got to know the nutritional value and the ways to make your pizza healthy. We discussed the proper ways to store leftover pizza. We also got to know if there are any health concerns about eating frozen leftover pizza.