This brief guide will address the query, “Can you freeze hummus sabra?”. We will discuss the method of freezing it in portions and containers. Moreover, we will also discuss the nutrition facts of the hummus sabra.
Can you freeze hummus sabra?
Yes, hummus sabra can be frozen. Sprinkle some olive on hummus sabra, then put it in the sealed container. After this, store it in the freezer.
What is the method of freezing hummus sabra?
You can also prepare hummus sabra at home and store it in the freezer. You can use it for a week. You can not freeze hummus sabra for a long time.
Hummus sabra will not spoil but the texture and flavor will change. You can keep frozen hummus sabra in the freezer for 2 to 4 months.
- Take a sealed container and put hummus sabra in it.
- Store this container in the freezer.
- If the container is opened, then hummus sabra can’t last for a long time.
- If you keep the container unopened, then you can store hummus sabra in the freezer.
- Once you open the container, then it is best to keep hummus sabra in the container by wrapping it.
Into small portions
- You can divide hummus sabra into portions and then store them in the freezer.
- You can thaw the required portion of the hummus sabra.
- Take a baking sheet and place the scoops of hummus and sabra on it.
- Place this sheet in the freezer.
- When hummus sabra is frozen, then remove the baking sheet from the freezer.
- Transfer frozen hummus sabra to the container that is properly closed.
- Mention the date of freezing on the containers or freezer bags.
- You can also store hummus sabra by dividing them into portions and then keeping them in small size containers.
An airtight container
- Take a properly sealed container and put hummus sabra in it.
- There should be some space in the container. Because hummus sabra expands on freezing.
- If you want to maintain the texture of hummus sabra, then put some olive oil on hummus sabra, then store it in the freezer.
- If you want to store it for a long time, then it will be better to store it in a sealed container or freezer bag. Hummus sabra is prevented from freezer bags by removing all the air from bags.
What is the method of thawing hummus sabra?
To thaw hummus sabra, follow the steps given below:
- You just have to put out the hummus container and put your hummus in the fridge.
- It can be kept in the refrigerator for a couple of hours when you want to thaw it.
- Putting your hummus in the microwave is not a good idea, this will ruin the texture and taste of your hummus sabra.
- When hummus sabra is thawed, the texture of hummus sabra into a watery texture. You’ll see some water on it. If you want to maintain this texture, then put some oil on it and stir it well.
It will be better if you thaw hummus sabra within 24 hours before taking it out of the freezer.
If you have packaged hummus, you can also freeze it. Put it in a container that is properly sealed. Don’t fill the whole container with hummus sabra.
There should be some space in the container because hummus sabra expands when it freezes.
What are the uses of frozen hummus sabra?
- You can use hummus sabra in vegetables, crackers, and pita bread as a dip.
- You can also add hummus sabra to your pasta. It is used to thicken the soups.
Recipes for frozen hummus sabra
- Roasted red pepper hummus
- White bean hummus with sweet paprika
- Classic hummus
- Beet hummus
Hummus sabra contains a lot of nutrients. It is used to add flavors to your recipes. Levels of blood glucose are maintained by the presence of protein and unsaturated fat. The risk of inflammation can be reduced by hummus sabra.
You can not store hummus sabra in the freezer for more than 6 months. Try to use it before this time. Freezing hummus sabra for a long time will deteriorate its texture.
You can also store homemade hummus sabra in the freezer.
What are the nutrition facts of hummus sabra?
Following are the nutrition facts regarding the consumption of hummus sabra:
- Total fat:11 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Total carbohydrate: 9 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Sugars: 0 g
- Dietary fiber: 3 g
- Saturated fat: 1.5 g
- Vitamin D: 0 mcg
- Trans fat: 0 g
- Calcium: 26 mg
- Potassium: 252 mg
- Iron: 1 mg
In this brief guide, we have addressed the query,” Can you freeze hummus sabra?”. We have discussed the method of freezing it in small portions and containers. Moreover, we have also discussed the nutrition facts of the hummus sabra.