In this article, we will answer the question “Can you freeze fathead dough?” and discuss how to freeze them?
Can you freeze fathead dough?
Yes, you can freeze fathead dough.
What is fathead dough (mozzarella dough)?
The basic fathead dough recipe is created with 4 easy ingredients: shredded mozzarella cheese, cream cheese, low-carb flour (such as almond flour or coconut flour), and an egg.
It is flexible and may be used for savoury dishes or sweet meals that can all be enjoyed on a low-carb diet. It may be cooked crispy or soft. You can create fathead bagels, pie crusts, crackers, rolls, buns, pizza, pancakes, tortillas, and garlic bread.
It is one of the first low-carb dishes you need to learn on your keto diet since it’s fast, simple, and can be utilized in so many ways.
What is Fathead pizza?
Fathead pizza is a keto low carb pizza crust dish that is low in carbohydrates, high in protein, and moderate to high fat.
It is prepared and served precisely the same as a conventional pizza, with a tomato paste sauce, toppings, cheese, and deli meat. It may be baked as a thin pizza crust or a deep-dish pizza dough.
Unlike a regular pizza dough, it is very full and you will only be able to consume 1 or 2 pieces. This is one of the advantages of a low-carb diet or keto diet. You begin to fill up on low-carb high-protein meals that keep you satisfied and thus you end up eating less food, your hunger will decrease and you will naturally consume fewer calories in the long term.
What’s the flavour of fathead pizza?
This is not the case since the mild-flavored shredded mozzarella cheese and low-carb flour are used to make the pizza. You can make many variations by adding herbs, spices, Italian seasoning, and even sweeteners to make sweet fathead dough recipes.
It cooks in the oven just like a traditional dough and can be made crispy or soft depending on the cooking temperature and length of cooking time.
What kind of sauce do you use on fathead pizza?
You will need to avoid all regular pizza sauces that have added sugars and unnecessary carbs. You can make your own homemade sugar-free ketchup, sugar-free BBQ sauce, or I prefer to use a concentrated tomato paste.
Tomato paste is higher in carbs but because it is so flavorsome, you use only a small amount. You get a lot of value for your money. Learn to spend your carbs wisely.
Is it possible to freeze the dough for keto pizza?
Yes! If you’re interested in making the fathead dough ahead of time and freezing it for later, I would recommend rolling out the prepared dough, then wrapping it tightly in cling wrap before storing it in the freezer.
When it’s time to make your pizza, bake the frozen dough in the oven for 5-10 minutes before topping it and finishing off the baking.
Can you buy pre-made fathead dough?
Yes! I had been wanting someone to do this for so long, and it’s finally available from Fattyhead Keto Crust! You can buy the dough made into everything from baguettes to pizza crust, and there are even pre-made frozen pizzas loaded with keto-friendly toppings!
How many carbs are in fathead dough?
Even though this recipe is very low carb, it still comes with some (mostly from the almond flour). For 1/4 of the recipe you’re looking at:
- Calories: 434.25 Calories
- Total Carbs: 8.05 grams
- Fiber: 3 grams
- Net Carbs: 5.05 grams
- Protein: 33.725 grams
- Fat: 33.075 grams
What’s the best way to prepare dough for a fathead?
The procedure is very easy. In no time, you’ll be eating the low-carb dough!
- Melt the cream cheese and mozzarella in a large microwave-safe bowl. This will take approximately a minute, but be sure to work in short bursts to prevent burning the cream cheese.
- Once the cream cheese (or butter) has melted, combine it with the mozzarella and mix until it is completely smooth. Once you’ve added the egg, keep stirring until it’s all thoroughly mixed. This may be due to the dough being too cold.) To make it easier to spread, reheat it in the microwave for 5-10 seconds.) In a separate dish, combine the almond flour, spices, and baking powder.
- After mixing all wet ingredients, whisk in cheese and egg mixture until a soft dough comes together. It’s going to be difficult to pick up this dough ball.
- Work the dough into the desired shape for your recipe using moist hands. This is a picture of a keto pizza crust in the shape of a rectangle. Alternatively, you may use parchment paper to roll the dough between two pieces of paper so that it forms an even roll and does not adhere to anything.
- You’ll need to cook for 12-15 minutes at 400°F.
To learn more about freezing fathead dough click here
Other FAQs about Dough that you may be interested in.
Can I put bread dough in the fridge after it rises?
How long is the dough cycle on the bread machine?
In this article, we answered the question “Can you freeze fathead dough?” and discussed how to freeze them?