In this brief guide, we will discuss the question. “Can you freeze coffee creamer?” we will get to know about the contents of coffee creamer and types of coffee creamer. We will also get to know the proper ways to freeze a coffee creamer.
Can you freeze coffee creamer?
Yes, you can easily freeze coffee creamer. Coffee creamer is a non dairy fat that adds flavour and texture to coffees. Coffee creamer is a replacement for milk. It is available in both dry and liquid forms.
Liquid coffee creamer has a shorter shelf life and needs refrigeration. The dry powdered coffee creamer has a longer shelf life. Both types of creamers can be frozen.
What is a coffee creamer?
Coffee creamer is a non dairy version of milk that is used to add flavour and texture to coffees and tea. Coffee creamer is mainly made from sugar and vegetable oil. It is a processed liquid with a thick consistency.
The main use of the coffee creamer is to make the bitter coffee sweet. Coffee creamers are not healthy as they contain saturated fatty acids and a lot of preservatives along with a high amount of sugars.
What are the types of coffee creamer?
Coffee creamer has many types and flavours. Following are some popular flavours of coffee creamer.
- French Vanilla
- White chocolate
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Chocolate caramel
What is the proper way to freeze coffee creamer?
Coffee creamer can be frozen and this will extend its shelf life for upto 6 months or more. The shelf life of most coffee creamer is mentioned on the packaging and you should not use them past that date.
Freezing your coffee creamer extends its expiration date. If you have purchased it in bulk and you are worried about getting it spoiled then you should freeze it. You can freeze your creamer according to your use. You can freeze it either in its bottle or you can freeze it in cubes form.
You should look for the instructions on the packaging of the creamer. Sometimes the production company does not allow you to freeze coffee creamer because freezing alters the consistency of the coffee creamer.
If you are sure that you can freeze your coffee creamer then you should go for it. Before storing it in the freezer you should stock it in bulk.
- Always read the storage instructions on the label before freezing it.
- You can freeze coffee creamer in its original bottles. You can also open the bottles and add them to the freezing cube tray. Then you can transfer these frozen cubes to the air-sealed bag.
- Always put them in the corner of the freezer where the temperature is most maintained.
- Just defrost them in the refrigerator when you are ready to use them.
What are the benefits of using coffee creamer?
Following are the benefits of using coffee creamer:
- Coffee creamer is an alternative to milk and it is used in its replacement to give a creamier texture to the coffee.
- People who are lactose intolerant can consume coffee creamer as a replacement for their coffee milk as coffee creamer does not contain any lactose in it.
- There is almost no nutritional benefit to drinking coffee creamer.
What are the health concerns of consuming the coffee creamer?
Following are the health concerns of consuming coffee creamers:
- First of all coffee cream is full of calories that directly come from the sugar and trans fats present in it. Corn syrup and hydrogenated vegetable oil is the major source of calories from the coffee creamer, which is not good for you.
- Although the coffee creamer claims that it is non-dairy it does not mean that they do not constrain casein which is an important milk protein. People who are allergic to milk should be cautious when adding coffee creamer to their coffee.
- Preservatives are added to the coffee creamer to increase its shelf life. Moreover, many other chemicals and compounds are added to them to get the desired consistency and texture. These preservatives are very harmful for human health and they might be carcinogenic.
- Coffee creamers also contain high levels of sodium which is not good for people who are suffering from high blood pressure.
- Coffee creamer can go bad easily according to the research Bacillus cereus growth was reported in the coffee creamer when it was kept at 23 degrees celsius for the experiment. This microbe is responsible for food-borne illnesses.
- Coffee creamer contains palm and vegetable oil which contains trans fat in them. Trans fat is responsible for the elevation of LDL and cholesterol in the body.
In this brief guide, we discussed the question. “Can you freeze coffee creamer?” we got to know about the contents of coffee creamer and types of coffee creamer. We also got to know the proper ways to freeze a coffee creamer.