In this article, we will answer the question “Can you freeze Christmas morning wife saver?” and discuss how to freeze Christmas morning wife saver?
Can you freeze Christmas morning wife saver?
Yes, you can freeze Christmas morning wife saver. Layers of bread, ham, cheese and an egg-milk-and-veggie concoction are topped with a cereal topping for the Christmas Morning Wife Saver. Bake the night before and serve with a fruit salad or a festive panettone in the morning.
What is a “wife saver” for Christmas morning?
To make Christmas Morning Wife Saver, you start with layers of bread with ham and cheese and finish with an egg, milk, and vegetable combination topped with cereal.
How to salvage the day for my wife on Christmas morning
Sourdough bread was substituted for the customary white bread in this meal, and back bacon was added to give flavor and texture, along with jalapenos for heat, aged cheddar for bite, and sweet corn cereal to round off this hearty breakfast casserole.
The ingredients for a Christmas morning wife-saver are here.
Sharp cheddar, sourdough bread, peameal bacon, eggs, whole milk, jalapeno peppers, onion, Worcestershire sauce, dry mustard, butter, honey corn cereal flakes, salt and pepper.
- 16 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 16 slices Canadian back bacon or ham
- 16 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. pepper 2 mL
- 1/2-1 tsp. dry mustard 2-5 mL
- 1/4 cup minced onion 60 mL
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper 60mL
- 1-2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce 5-10 mL
- 3 cups milk 750 mL
- dash Tabasco
- 1/2 cup butter 125 mL
- Special K or crushed Corn Flakes
- Butter a glass baking dish 9″ x 13″ (23 x 33 cm) and place 8 slices of bread in it.
- Slices of back bacon may be used to cover the bread. Cover the bacon with cheddar cheese slices and then the remaining bread pieces to construct a sandwich.
- Beat the eggs and pepper together in a bowl. Adding Tabasco and Worcestershire sauce to the egg mixture is optional. Cover and refrigerate the sandwiches overnight after adding the sauce.
- Pour melted butter over the top in the morning. Special K or crushed Corn Flakes may be used as a topping for this dish.
- One hour of baking at 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 deg.C). Before serving, allow it to settle for 10 minutes.
Make a breakfast sandwich out of a casserole.
Remove the crusts off four pieces of bread and lay them on the bottom of a 9″ × 9″ oven-safe casserole dish. Fill up any holes in the base with an extra two pieces of bread. Top the toast with pieces of peameal bacon. Grate 2 12 cups of cheese equally over the bacon and serve. Four more pieces of bread should be placed on top of the cheese to complete the “casserole sandwich.”
Make the eggs and put them in the water to soak.
Gather your ingredients in a big mixing bowl and begin to whisk them together. The mixture should be thick and creamy, but it should still be a little runny. You may add more milk or water as needed to get the desired consistency. Allow it to remain in the fridge overnight or for up to two days before slicing into it to serve.
Bake until the top is browned and bubbly.
Remove the wife saver from the refrigerator the following morning. Ensure that your oven is preheated at 350 degrees F. 2 cups of crushed honey flake cereal should be sprinkled on top of the strata. Take out of the oven after an hour and a half and let it cool. After cooling for 15 minutes, serve.
Tools and ingredients that will rescue your marriage on Christmas morning.
Links to goods that will aid in the preparation of our morning strata dish are listed below. Modest compensation will be paid to Chef Sous Chef Inc. if you make a purchase using the links on this page. No further fees will be incurred by you as a result.
MAKE-AHEAD MEALS AND THEIR BENEFITS
Everyone’s concept of what constitutes a “prepare ahead dinner” is unique, and it’s important to remember that. When we say “prepare ahead of time and bake on-demand,” we mean one thing for some people, but when we say “prepare and freeze” we mean the same thing for others.
Make this breakfast casserole ahead of time, give it to someone else to freeze and bring out when they’re in the need of something to eat on their own, or invite some visitors over for brunch on Sunday morning who you want to spend time with and not have your back on while you cook.
To read more about freezing Christmas morning wife saver click here
In this article, we answered the question “Can you freeze Christmas morning wife saver?” and discussed how to freeze Christmas morning wife saver?