In this article, we will answer the question “Can you freeze Christmas cookie dough?” and discuss how to freeze Christmas cookies dough?
Can you freeze Christmas cookie dough?
Yes, you can freeze Christmas cookie dough. Sugar cookie dough can be frozen, but because it takes so long to thaw before rolling out, I prefer to store it in the fridge. To store in the refrigerator or freezer, press the dough into discs the size of a pie crust.
How Long Can You Keep Cookie Dough in the Freezer?
- Natural and Dutch-process cocoa’s enigmatic distinctions
- Baking powder versus. soda: a conundrum that baffles
- a foolproof method for making a flawless pie crust
- Salted Butter Spreading in Baking: 10 Guaranteed Strategies to Avoid It
To help you out, I’m going to show you precisely how I freeze cookie dough today. It may not seem innovative, but you’d be surprised at the number of people who freeze cookie dough incorrectly. Christmas is almost approaching and I know you want to start baking your Christmas cookies today. Let’s get this show on the road!
Cookie Dough: What’s the Point of Freezing It?
I’m sure there have been times when you’ve felt the urge for warm, freshly made cookies.
- Is there a new addition to the family?
- Do your children yearn for a special after-school treat?
- Who’s moving in next door now that the old ones have left?
- What about making a present for your child’s teacher?
- Have a ladies’ night out on the cheap?
Homemade cookies are always appreciated, and you can now save cookie dough in the freezer for future use. Take it out of the freezer and bake it right away. I keep cookie dough in the freezer often.
When I’m in a hurry or want a quick dessert, I just take the cookie dough out of the freezer and pop it in the oven. I can’t tell you how much time and frustration it has saved me. The cookies are done baking in 10 minutes.
Keeping Cookie Dough in the Freezer
Easy to freeze cookie dough. In my opinion, this method is the simplest and most efficient.
- Roll out the cookie dough into balls once it has cooled in the refrigerator (if the cookie recipe calls for cooling).
- Refrigerate the cookie dough balls for an hour.
- If you have a lot of cookie dough, you may store it in a big or small zip-top bag labelled with your name.
- Put the bag in the freezer and label it with the month and the baking temperature.
- Cookie dough may be stored in the freezer for up to three months at a time. Using the date and temperature will let you know when the cookie dough is fresh. If you’d like, you can write anything that helps you. The date, temperature, time, and name of the recipe.
- Remove the cookies from the freezer when it’s time to bake them. The oven should be preheated to the recipe’s specifications.
- Cookie dough that has been frozen should be baked for an additional minute or two longer.
When it comes to freezing cookie dough, what’s the best option?
- Cookies with a lot of butter or fat in the cookie batter
- The greatest cookies are those that have been dipped in icing. Chocolate chip cookies, oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, peanut butter cookies, etc. are what I’m referring to.
- In addition, shortbread may be frozen quite well.
- There is nothing better than cookie dough that is kept in the freezer. “Slice and bake” cookies are what I’m referring to.” Just wrap the logs in plastic wrap, then place them in freezer bags and seal them securely. Let it defrost in the refrigerator for an hour or two before slicing it.
- French macaron, pizzelle, and madeleine cookie doughs don’t freeze well, so don’t put them in the freezer.
Cookie Cutter Cookie Dough that has been frozen
Cookie-cutter cookies, such as sugar cookies or gingerbread cookies, may also be frozen, however, the technique is somewhat different. Wrap the cookie dough in plastic and put it in the freezer for a few hours. Roll out the dough, cut out shapes, and bake according to the recipe’s directions after it has been refrigerated overnight.
Sugar or Cinnamon Rolls Freeze-Dried Cookie Dough
In order to make snickerdoodles or peanut butter blossoms, you need to freeze cookie dough balls before adding the cinnamon or sugar. After removing the balls from the freezer, let them settle for 30 minutes before placing them in the oven to bake. Since the cookies have thawed out a little, there is no need to bake them for an additional minute or two.
Putting cookie dough in the freezer
Cookie cake cookie batter may be frozen. Funfetti cookies, chocolate chip cookies, or even chocolate chip cookie bars may be frozen if you want to make a funfetti cake or a chocolate chip cookie bar. Simply follow the recipe’s directions for making the cookie dough. Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
To read more about freezing Christmas cookie dough click here
In this article, we answered the question “Can you freeze Christmas cookie dough?” and discussed how to freeze Christmas cookies dough?