In this brief guide, we will address the query, “Can you eat vanilla extract raw?”. We will discuss the nutrition facts of raw vanilla extract and its health benefits. Moreover, we will also discuss the method for making it at home.
Can you eat vanilla extract raw?
Yes, raw vanilla extract is edible. It does not give you any harm. It is used to add flavors to recipes. Ethanol is present in raw vanilla extract. By eating raw vanilla extract, someone can get drunk.
Vanilla extract has two main types. That is synthetic and pure. Natural vanilla extract contains many health benefits. Vanilla extract can be obtained from vanilla plants.
What are the nutrition facts of vanilla extract in raw form?
Vanilla extract in raw form contains calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, and potassium. All these minerals perform the function of antioxidants. Many diseases such as stroke and heart attacks are prevented by the presence of these antioxidants.
- Calories:12 g
- Protein: 3 mg
- Fat: 3 mg
- Carbohydrate: 531 mg
- Sugar: 531 mg
Is eating raw vanilla extract healthy or not?
Yes, it is healthy to eat raw vanilla extract. Following are the benefits of eating raw vanilla extract:
- Helps in improving the immune system
- Heart diseases are prevented.
- Many respiratory problems are treated with vanilla extract.
- It contains antioxidants. Antioxidants fight against free radicals. Skin is protected from UV rays, and breakouts by the presence of antioxidants.
- The use of vanilla extract in the raw form helps us to calm our nervous system.
- It helps in relieving stress and anxiety.
- Contents of alcohol are present in raw vanilla extract.
- If you are feeling pain from toothaches, then raw vanilla extract can be used to relieve this pain.
- Apply a drop on that place of a tooth that is affected. It can give you relief from pain.
- Raw vanilla extract contains low contents of calories and carbohydrates. Thus you can lose weight by eating raw vanilla extract as it does not have too many calories for your body.
- If you are using vanilla extract in raw form, then it can help to reduce high levels of glucose in the body.
- Hair can be strengthened. Split ends of the hair are minimized by raw vanilla extract.
- Many diseases are prevented by eating raw vanilla extract.
- Levels of cholesterol can be lowered by using vanilla extract.
- If inflammation occurs in arteries, then it can be prevented by eating raw vanilla extract.
- To use it for respiratory problems, take the raw vanilla extract and add it to hot water. In this way, you can reduce the problems such as irritations, infections in the throat, and inflammation.
- You can also use raw vanilla extract to treat the inflammation of the gut, and many other digestive problems such as diarrhea, and stomach aches.
Alcohol is present in raw vanilla extract. Thus after eating it kids can get drunk.
How can you use raw vanilla extract in daily life?
- Raw vanilla extract is used in food and beverages. It is also used for pharmaceutical purposes.
- Sometimes, fresh vanilla has a bad smell, the use of raw vanilla extract removes this smell. This smell can be neutralized by adding one to two tablespoons of raw vanilla extract to the paint.
- You can get rid of insects by the use of vanilla extract.
- Raw vanilla extract can be used to remove the smells from the fridge and microwave. To do this, take cotton and dip it into a raw vanilla extract, then clean the surfaces.
- Sometimes, you get small burns by touching hot cooking pans. The pain from these small burns can be relieved by the use of raw vanilla extract. Because raw vanilla extract contains alcohol in it. That helps to cool the burns.
- You can also use raw vanilla extract to add flavors to your recipes, ice creams, smoothies, yogurt, pancakes, and sauces. By the use of raw vanilla extract, you can give a healthy and delicious taste to your dishes.
What is the method for making vanilla extract at home?
- Vanilla bean pods: 3 to 6 pods
- Vodka: 240 mL
- Take vanilla bean pods and cut them into halves.
- Now take a clean jar. It should be properly sealed. After adding vanilla bean pods, cover it with vodka.
- After this, keep this bottle in a pantry or any other cool place. For making vanilla extract, keep this for up to 6 weeks.
- In the end, vanilla beans must be removed to use vanilla extract.
- Vanilla beans are used to give vanilla extract a stronger taste.
Other FAQs about Vanilla Extract that you may be interested in.
In this brief guide, we have addressed the query,” Can you eat vanilla extract raw?”. We have discussed the nutrition facts of raw vanilla extract and its health benefits. Moreover, we have also discussed the method for making it at home.