In this short article, we will provide an answer to the question “Can you eat twists with braces?” and the information on braces care.
Can you eat twists with braces?
Yes, you can eat twists with braces but be careful. While wearing braces, it is acceptable to consume certain varieties of chips, as determined by orthodontic specialists. The fact that these chips are baked rather than fried accounts for their more delicate consistency (and less of a crunch).
When you have braces, it’s best to stick to chips that have a softer consistency and break up into larger pieces when they break.
Consuming food with braces
While it is recommended that you refrain from consuming candies or sweets while you are wearing braces, we recognize that the temptation may at times be too much for you to resist. If you are going to indulge in sweets or lollipops, pick and choose your treats carefully, and then clean your teeth as soon as possible afterward.
When you have braces, you are not allowed to consume any meals that contain the following:
- Candies that have a sticky or chewy consistency. Examples of such candies are Minties, Fantails, Toffees, Jubes, and Jelly Beans.
- Chocolate or nut bars with a stickier or more chewy texture. Snickers, Picnic, and Mars are a few examples of such candies.
- “Health” bars, are sometimes known as energy bars. Just a few examples of such candies include honey logs, sesame bars, and Jupiter bars.
- Foods that are tough on the digestive system. For instance, crusty bread rolls, ice, hard biscuits, and nuts all fall into this category.
If you are careful, you can consume the foods listed below even when you have braces on your teeth:
- Prepare crisp fruits like apples and pears for consumption by slicing and dicing them first.
- Peeling and sectioning citrus fruits like oranges and mandarins is a necessary step before eating them.
- Grating or dicing celery and carrots is the appropriate preparation method.
- The beef and chicken should be cut into very small pieces. Consuming uncooked meat or poultry on the bone is not recommended.
- Chips are delicate and should be handled with care (crisps, Twisties, etc)
- Licking rather than biting is the proper way to consume ice cream and ice blocks.
What happens if you eat something that you shouldn’t while you have braces?
When you have braces, there are two potential dangers associated with consuming meals that are too sticky, too gritty, or otherwise improper.
To begin, there is always the possibility of a piece of chewy, crunchy, or sticky food becoming lodged between the wires of your orthodontic appliances.
If you exert sufficient power, the brackets can come off from your teeth (or have a too passionate bite). Your orthodontic specialist would be required to perform an urgent repair.
Second, it is possible for a meal that is sticky, sugary, or particularly hard to become lodged between your braces and your teeth.
Food particles can become stuck in the areas of your mouth that are tough to access regardless of how thoroughly you brush and floss your teeth.
Plaque, which can seep into your dental enamel and create cavities, occurs as food particles become disintegrated and become lodged between your teeth.
What about the safety of braces?
Your braces are fragile and can easily be damaged if you accidentally bump into them. If you take part in any kind of sport, you should always wear a mouthguard (excluding swimming). If you would just ask for one, we would be happy to give it to you.
If you have the habit of biting your fingernails or a pencil, you should try to break the habit because it will eventually lead to the breakage of your braces. Be aware of dogs who are playful, especially young pups, as they have the potential to hit you in the face or break your braces.
When you wear braces, be respectful of the process. You should steer clear of items that your orthodontist recommends you stay away from, such as the majority of chip kinds.
If chips become trapped in your braces, they have the potential to rip off brackets. Because of this, the process of getting braces may take longer than expected and necessitate additional trips to the orthodontist.
You can satiate your craving for snacks with any number of wholesome options available to you. If you take good care of your braces, you will have the best possible outcome from the therapy.
Other FAQs about Chips that you may be interested in.
In this short article, we provided an answer to the question “Can you eat twists with braces?” and the information on braces care.