In this brief guide, we will address the query” Can you eat radish leaves?”. We will discuss their health benefits. Moreover, we will also address their nutrition facts and the different uses of radish leaves. in our daily life.
Can you eat radish leaves?
Yes, radish leaves are edible. Radish leaves can be obtained from a radish plant. Their growth is above the ground. Radish leaves contain many nutrients.
What is the taste of radish leaves?
Radish leaves have a peppery taste. If the leaves are greener, the flavor of radish leaves is milder. If the growth of radish takes a long time, then it has more green leaves.
The longest growth phase of radish becomes the reason for the bitterness of leaves. The flavor is too bitter, so it can be decreased by cooking the leaves.
What are the nutrition facts of radish leaves?
One cup of radish leaves contains
- Calories: 70.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 8.3 g
- Protein: 4.5 g
- Fiber: 2.3 g
- Fat: 3.5 g
- Potassium: 16 % of DV
- Magnesium: 28 % of DV
- Vitamin C: 77 % of DV
- Vitamin K: 171 % of DV
- Iron: 7 % of DV
What is the method for storing radish leaves?
- After taking radishes home, you should immediately separate the leaves from the roots of the radish.
- Properly wash these leaves. Because there is too much dirt on their skin. After this, dry them with the help of a paper towel.
- After drying the radish leaves, you can keep them in the fridge. Keep them separate from other vegetables in a container.
- If radish leaves are fresh, their shelf life can be more than a week. If yellow or brown spots occur on the surface of radish leaves, then avoid using them. You should immediately discard them.
What are the health benefits of radish leaves?
You can eat them to treat anemia
Radish leaves contain good amounts of iron. You can reduce your fatigue by eating them. People who are facing the problem of anemia and low hemoglobin levels should eat radish leaves.
Radish leaves can boost immunity levels
Radish leaves contain vitamin C. The amount of vitamin C is higher in radish leaves as compared to radish. Vitamin C helps in boosting immunity levels in the body. If immunity levels are maintained, then they can save you from many viral attacks.
They can help in aiding weight loss
One cup of radish leaves contains 13 grams of calories. These calories can help you in losing weight.
Source of many nutrients
Some people consider radish leaves as trash and don’t like to eat them. Radish leaves contain vitamin A, vitamin B1, vitamin B6, folic acid, calcium, potassium, phosphorus, iron, and magnesium.
How can you add radish leaves to your diet?
- You can use radish leaves in salads. If you have radish fresh green leaves, then you can have a nice flavor. You can use small-sized radish leaves in salads.
- If you are making grilled corn salad, then you can also add radish leaves to this salad.
- You can use radish leaves in sandwiches.
- Radish leaves can also be used in soups and stews.
- You can use them in different sauces by blending them.
- Radish leaves can be served as a side dish.
- There are different recipes in which radish leaves are used.
You can prepare radish greens step by step.
How can you prepare radish leaves?
- Olive oil
- Radish leaves
- Red pepper flakes
- Take some tablespoons of olive oil in a pan and heat it.
- Make small pieces of garlic with the help of a knife, and add red pepper flakes.
- Saute them in a pan for 30 seconds.
- After this, add radish leaves to the pan. The time required for cooking radish leaves will be approximately 10 minutes.
- After cooking them properly, remove the pan from heat and squeeze a lemon into the recipe.
How can you make radish green pesto?
- Pine nuts: ½ cup
- Garlic clove: 1
- Sea salt: ¼
- Black pepper: a small pinch
- Lemon juice: 2 tablespoons
- Radish greens: 1 cup
- Basil: 1 cup
- Olive oil: ¼ cup
- Cheese: ¼ cup
- Take a food processor, and add nuts, garlic, pepper, and salt to it. Properly chop them. After adding lemon juice and pulse, again chop them in a food processor.
- Make the best combo by adding radish greens, pulse, and basil.
- Add olive oil to the mixture, and also add pulse to it. Keep running the food processor. If you want to make a smoother pesto, then you can add more olive oil.
- After this, a delicious radish green pesto recipe is ready to consume.
In this brief guide, we have addressed the query,” Can you eat radish leaves?”. We have discussed their health benefits. Moreover, we have also addressed their nutrition facts and their uses in different recipes.