In this short article, we will address the question “ can you eat popcorn on 21 day fix?”. We will also discuss the 21 day fix, what is the 21 day portion-controlled meal program, what is popcorn, how to cook popcorn, is it safe to eat popcorn on 21 day fix, and what are the health benefits of eating popcorn on the 21 day fix.
Can you eat popcorn on 21 day fix?
Yes, you can eat popcorn on the 21 day fix with no regrets at all. Popcorns and all whole grain foods are captured in the yellow container of the 21 day fix.
What is 21 day fix?
Beachbody’s 21-Day Fix is a weight-loss program. According to Beachbody, 21 Day Fix participants can drop up to 15 pounds or 7 kilograms in three weeks. The program includes a fat-loss training instruction and a portion-controlled meal plan with seven colour-coded containers.
What is the 21 day portion-controlled meal program?
The 21-day fix’s portion-controlled meal program selects the best diet for you and tells you how many portions of each colour-coded container you can eat per day.
Knowing one’s calorie requirements allows for the creation of a custom container.
The 21-day fix container plans
Plan A, 1,200 to 1,499 calories, Plan B, 1,500 to 1,799 calories, Plan C, 1,800 to 2,099 calories, and Plan D, 2,100 to 2,300 calories, are the four “Container Plans” with various calorie target ranges. For each colour-coded category, your container plan suggests a maximum number of containers per day.
The 21-Day Fix Container Cheat Sheet
- Green container: Vegetables including but not limited to broccoli, spinach, and even pico de gallo.
- Purple container: Fruits including blueberries, strawberries, mango, banana and more.
- Red container: Proteins such as chicken breast, salmon, eggs, and tempeh.
- Yellow container: Carbohydrates including sweet potato, brown rice, tortillas, whole-wheat bread, and wine.
- Blue container: All good sources of healthy fats including avocado, cheddar cheese, and cashews.
- Orange container: Seeds and dressings such as pine nuts, cashews, cheddar, and mozzarella.
- Teaspoons: Oils and butter such as peanut butter, olive oil, and mayonnaise are examples.
What is popcorn?
Popcorn, often known as popping corn, is a form of corn that expands and puffs up when heated from the kernel. Corn kernels have a strong moisture-sealed husk and a dense starchy inside, which allows them to pop. This permits pressure to develop inside the kernel, eventually resulting in an explosive “pop.”
How to cook popcorn?
Popcorn can be made in a variety of ways. In the late nineteenth century, Charles Cretors pioneered commercial large-scale popcorn machines. Along with manufactured popcorn, there are a variety of small-scale home ways for popping corn.
Here are the steps to follow to cook your popcorn. The ingredients are 3 tablespoons coconut or olive oil, one-third cup of high-quality popcorn kernels, salt and 1 tablespoon butter which is optional:
- Heat the oil on medium-high heat and allow all of the solid oil in the coconut oil to melt before using.
- Put 3 to 4 popcorn kernels in the oil and allow the popcorn kernels to pop before proceeding.
- Add the remaining 1/3 cup popcorn kernels in an even layer after the kernels have popped.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat, cover it, and count to 30 which warms the oil to the desired temperature.
- Then waits 30 seconds for all of the other kernels to reach a near-popping temperature, ensuring that they all pop around the same time when returned to the heat.
- Remove the pan from the heat once the popping has slowed to several seconds between pops, remove the lid, and quickly throw the popcorn into a large bowl.
- If you’re adding butter, you can easily melt it by placing it in the now-empty, but still hot pan.
- Toss the popcorn with the melted butter to evenly distribute it.
- Season the popcorn to taste with salt or optionally Spanish smoked paprika, nutritional yeast, cayenne powder, chilli pepper, curry powder, cumin and other fun popcorn toppings.
Is it safe to eat popcorn on 21 day fix?
Your popcorn can be enjoyed on the 21 day fix portion controlled meal program. Popcorns are whole grains and fall under the yellow coded container. The yellow container allows you for the portion of whole grains like popcorn to be consumed during the day.
What are the health benefits of eating popcorn?
Popcorn is abundant in fibre, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidant compounds all of which provide a variety of health benefits when eaten. They are:
Popcorn is satisfying without being calorie-dense because of its high fibre content.
Heart disease, cancer, high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, and overall mortality have all been related to eating whole grains which include popcorn.
Popcorn provides antioxidants such as polyphenols, which may have anti-cancer and anti-inflammatory properties and protect cells from free radical damage.
In this short article, we have addressed the question “ can you eat popcorn on 21 day fix?”. We have also discussed the what is 21 day fix, what is the 21 day portion-controlled meal program, what is a popcorn, how to cook popcorn, is it safe to eat popcorn on 21 day fix, and what are the health benefits of eating popcorn on the 21 day fix.