In this brief article, we will discuss the question “ can you eat peanut butter on Daniel fast?”. We will also talk about what the daniel fast is, is it safe to eat peanut butter on the daniel fast, and what recipes to be prepared from peanut butter on the daniel fast, what other quick snack meals for the daniel fast.
Can you eat peanut butter on Daniel fast?
Yes, you can eat peanut butter on the daniel fast. This however depends on the types of peanut butter and the ingredients used in their preparation.
If you have to eat peanut butter on the daniel fast, then it should be the natural peanut butter with added sweeteners and artificial flavours. If only you don’t have peanut and peanut butter allergies, then you can eat it on the daniel fast.
What is Daniel fast?
The Daniel fast is a partial fast based on the biblical story of Daniel. The Daniel fast is typically a strict vegan diet for 10 to 21 days that prohibits the intake of animal products, refined carbs, added sugars, caffeine, alcohol and more.
It usually requires the consumption of several varieties of plant based foods that have no added sugars.
Is it safe to eat peanut butter on the daniel fast?
Peanut butter and their products are typically safe and healthy on the Daniel fast diet. One needs to only be sure that the peanut butter is prepared from 100% peanuts and possibly salt. Any other types that include added sugars and artificial flavourings are not safe to eat on the Daniel fast.
What are the recipes that can be prepared from peanut butter?
Peanut butter can be consumed on the daniel fast, they are plant legumes but commonly associated with nuts because of their nutty appearance and behaviour.
Some recipes on the Daniel fast that can be prepared from peanut butter include peanut sauce to be served with Asian noodles salad and vegetable stir fries, peanut butter and carob (PB&C) steel cut oatmeal and ants on a log.
What other quick snacks can you eat on Daniel fast?
The daniel fast is a typically vegan diet that eliminates refined carbs and added sweetness, any dish that is plant based and prohibits these highly processed carbs can be eaten.
Some of the common daniel fast recipes include black bean hummus, mango salsa, baba ganoush, watermelon fire and ice salsa, roasted sweet potato fries, Indian chickpeas, spicy roasted edamame, fruits salsa and many more.
What foods should be avoided on the Daniel fast?
The Daniel fast strictly is vegan and cuts off foods that are not of plant origin. Similarly, highly processed and refined carbohydrates are strongly discriminated against. Some food categories avoided on the daniel’s fast include
- All meat and animal products are strongly discriminated against on the Daniel fast and typically include beef, lamb, pork, poultry and fish.
- All dairy products including milk, cheese, cream, butter and eggs.
- All sweeteners including sugar, raw sugar, molasses, syrups and more.
- All deep fried foods including french fries, potato chips, corn chips and more.
- Other categories of foods include all leavened bread, all refined and processed food products, all solid fats and carbonated, caffeine and alcoholic beverages.
What foods can you eat on Daniel fast?
While on the Daniel fast, remember it is all about plant based foods with no added sugars and artificial flavourings. On your diet during the period, one may consider food in the following categories
- All fruits: fruits are great on the Daniel fast and can be fresh, frozen, dried, juiced or canned. Some fruits include apples, apricots, bananas, grapes, grapefruit, lemon, kiwi, peaches, pineapples and more.
- All vegetables: vegetables on the Daniel diet can be fresh, frozen, dried, juiced or canned and include beets, broccoli, cucumbers, eggplant, potatoes, lettuce, mushrooms and more.
- All whole grains are acceptable including whole wheat, brown rice, millets, oats, barley and more.
- Other food categories allowed on the Daniel fast include all nuts and seeds, all legumes and quality oils.
What are the potential benefits of Daniel fast?
The daniel fast diet comes with numerous potential benefits due to the high based plant foods and include
- Reducing the risk of heart disease, type 2 diabetes, certain types of cancers, premature ageing and other neurological conditions.
- Improving heart health and supporting a healthy gut.
- Decrease in blood pressure and cholesterol
- Promote the feeling of fullness and weight loss
What are the potential risks of Daniel fast?
Although the strict vegan diet comes with potential health benefits, they equally have their downsides. They include the following
- The Daniel fast diet is highly restrictive as it eliminates all animal products, processed foods, added sugars and many more.
- The strict vegan diet may also not meet the protein requirement of the individuals.
- The diet may lead to stomach discomfort due to the high fibre contents.
In this brief article, we have discussed the question “ can you eat peanut butter on Daniel fast?”. We have also talked about what the daniel fast is, is it safe to eat peanut butter on the daniel fast, what recipes to be prepared from peanut butter on the daniel fast, and what other quick snack meals are good for the daniel fast.