Can you eat papa john’s when pregnant?
In this brief guide we will answer the question, “ can you eat papa John’s when pregnant?”. We will also discuss the ingredients of foods served by Papa John’s, and we will know if eating them is safe or has any health concerns for pregnant mothers.
Can you eat papa john’s when pregnant?
Papa John’s is a famous food chain that is mostly famous for its pizza and these pizzas are considered safe during pregnancy if they are cooked with caution and served hot. It is safe but not a healthy option for pregnant females due to several reasons whom we will discuss later in this article.
Loaded pizzas with cheese and other side dishes that are fried in oil are not a good option for pregnant females, but these foods can be taken in moderation let’s say once a week.
Due to the presence of a lot of calories that come from fat and refined starch pizza is not usually considered safe and healthy during pregnancy.
To balance out the consumption of your pizza you have to balance the number of fruits and vegetables along with other healthy meals in your diet.
What are the main ingredients of foods served by papa John’s?
Papa John’s serves a variety of pizza flavours along with side appetisers and some sweet dishes.
The main ingredients of pizza and appetisers include
- Meat ( chicken, beef, pork, ham, sausages)
- Vegetables (capsicum, olives, onions, mushrooms, spinach, tomato)
- Fruits (pineapple)
What are the factors that made papa john’s healthy to eat during pregnancy?
- If you are looking for a healthy protein-rich and low-in-fat food option from papa John’s then baked wings should be your choice.
- Because pizza is not a very nutritious cuisine, it’s usually a good idea to attempt to improve your veggie intake if you’re going to consume it during pregnancy. Added vegetables to your pizza will provide you with minerals and vitamins.
- Pineapple includes the enzyme bromelain, which should be avoided by pregnant women, in some cultures it is not considered safe to eat pineapple during pregnancy. According to the NIH, it is still unknown whether bromelain is safe to take in pregnancy.
- On the other hand, fresh pineapple does not contain high quantities of bromelain which can cause any harmful effects so it is okay to consume pineapple on a pizza during pregnancy, but be careful and eat pizza that is thoroughly heated up.
What is the health risk of eating papa john’s in pregnancy?
- Listeria can be found in soft, mould-ripened cheeses, thus pregnant women should avoid these. This includes when they are only warmed up and placed on a pizza topping at the finish of cooking.
The risk of listeria is not reduced by warming the cheese. Listeria infection can cause miscarriage during pregnancy. Listeriosis can also cause premature birth and babies with low birth weight.
- During pregnancy, if you are craving to eat a meat-topped pizza, proceed with caution. On a pizza, deli meats, processed or cured, raw meats may contain Pepperoni, Ham, minced beef, Sausage, and pork.
- During pregnancy, if you are craving to eat a pepperoni pizza or any other flavour of pizza having similar cold meat cut toppings, make sure the meat topping is fully cooked (not simply reheated).
- The consumption of cold cured meats has a potential risk to cause salmonella food poisoning and toxoplasmosis. Food sickness caused by Salmonella is unlikely to damage your unborn child, but it can be extremely unpleasant for you.
- The amount of sugar present in their cakes will increase your blood sugar levels and increase the risk of congenital birth defects. Sugar consumption should be carefully monitored during pregnancy as it can also lead to weight gain and the risk of gestational diabetes.
- It’s important to keep an eye out for toppings that aren’t generally heated with the pizza. For example, instead of adding it to the pizza, you can order prosciutto topped pizza, where you will get the prosciutto separately and you can reheat it separately before adding it to the pizza.
- The only time you need to be concerned about veggies while pregnant is if you are consuming the vegetables raw and not properly cooked or if your vegetables are dirty and they are not cleaned properly with water they can cause toxoplasmosis due to the presence of bacteria on them.
In this brief guide we answered the following question, “ can you eat papa john’s when pregnant?”. We also discussed the ingredients of foods served by Papa John’s, and we also got to know if eating them is safe or has health concerns for pregnant mothers.