In this brief guide, we will provide an answer to the question, “Can you eat komodo dragon meat?”. We will also elaborate on the taste of komodo dragon meat, how to cook komodo dragon meat, the content of venom they have and how dangerous are komodo dragons.
Can you eat komodo dragon meat?
Yes, you can eat komodo dragon meat since it is not poisonous to human health. However, the bite of the Komodo dragon could be toxic to the human body because its saliva consists of different microorganisms such as E. coli, Staphylococcus, and other nasty bacteria.
What does the komodo dragon taste like?
Talking about the taste of komodo dragon meat, it is regarded to have a stringy, smokey, and gamey taste. The meat is tougher and chewier as compared to the chicken meat, like all other reptiles.
How to make Komodo dragon chicken wings marinade?
Here we have shared an easy recipe for a tasty komodo dragon chicken wings marinade.
Ready in: 48 hours, 20 minutes
Serves: 3 to 4 persons
- A quarter cup soy sauce
- A quarter cup dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (or more, as per your taste)
- 12 to 16 chicken wings, tips removed
- Prepare marinade.
- Place it all in a gallon ziplock bag (or a plastic container).
- Marinate for 24 to 48 hours in the fridge, flipping every 8 hours.
- Grill until tender.
You can serve it with fried rice, egg rolls, and stir-fried vegetables.
Serving Size: 1 (185) grams
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Calories: 507.6 Kcal
- Calories from Fat: 322 g (64 percent of the daily value (DV))
- Total Fat: 35.9 g (55 percent of the DV)
- Saturated Fat: 9.4 g (47 percent of the DV)
- Cholesterol: 150.9 mg (50 percent of the DV)
- Sodium: 1526.3 mg (63 percent of the DV)
- Total Carbohydrate: 2.2 g (0 percent of the DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 0.2 g (0 percent of the DV)
- Protein: 38.5 g (77 percent of the DV)
- Sugars: 0.6 g (2 percent of the DV)
Why can’t you keep Komodo dragons as pets?
Some good reasons which prove that Komodo dragons are not safe to keep a pet are described below:
- You can not own the komodo dragon due to its highly dangerous and poisonous nature.
- The Komodo dragon requires a very large area to live since the komodo dragon is one of the largest lizards overall from 3000 species.
- These enlarged species of the komodo dragon also have a forked tongue which is quite similar to the tongue of the giant snake.
- The saliva of the komodo dragon and also the whole area of the mouth is covered with harmful bacteria that could cause the death of a person whosoever is bitten by the komodo dragon.
- Komodo dragons also require a lot of space to live. It also requires tons of meat as a diet is essential to make the Komodo dragons satisfied and healthy.
- So, it is not allowed to keep them as a pet or buy to carry them somewhere legally.
Can you train a Komodo dragon?
Yes, you can train the komodo dragon. Komodo dragons are being trained by the zookeepers. It is usually considered that komodo dragons are intelligent and very calculated in behavior that they quickly respond to the act of zookeepers. Komodo dragons enjoy being patted on their head and neck.
However, training a komodo dragon is not a task of small-hearted people. You should have the courage to go into the cage of a komodo dragon.
How dangerous are Komodo dragons?
Komodo dragons are very dangerous because they can kill a human being. It is also said that Komodo dragons are also capable of killing a buffalo but a little verification is required for this.
If you are running for safety from komodo dragons, komodo dragons can run faster as compared to you but if the Komodo dragon had bitten you once, then you will slow down in your race due to the venom which will spread in your body throughout.
How much venom could Komodo dragons have?
The number of bacteria which reside in the saliva of Komodo dragons is not being used by the komodo dragon for killing the prey while they utilize the glands of their lower jaw to kill the prey which means that they don’t use the venom actually for killing.
In this brief guide, we have provided an answer to the question, “Can you eat komodo dragon meat?”. We have also elaborated on the taste of komodo dragon meat, how to cook komodo dragon meat, the content of venom they have and how dangerous are komodo dragons.