Can you eat Fig Newtons with braces
In this brief guide, we will address the query, “can you eat Fig newtons with braces?” We will also discuss when it is necessary to use braces, and how Fig newtons can affect your orthodontic treatment.
Can you eat Fig Newtons with braces?
Yes, you can enjoy some Fig newtons even when you have braces. Fig newtons are delicious soft food that can provide you with energy. Although it is said that they get stuck in your braces, nothing that a good rinse, brushing, and flossing can not deal with.
When you have braces your whole treatment is about developing the appropriate technique to eat whatever you want, also hygiene is very important to keep your teeth healthy and get the most benefit out of your braces.
What are Fig Newtons?
Fig Newtons are popular cookies in America; it was in 1891 that some experimenting ended up creating these delicious snacks. Ever since Fig newtons are mass-produced and each year they produce about 320 pounds of snacks. Can you imagine such a thing?
Fig newtons are made up of a crumbly-like pastry that in the middle has added a scoop of fig jam. Some recipes have emerged trying to emulate the original version produced by Nabisco.
Also, did you know Fig Newtons became so popular they even have their day? January 16th is the National Fig Newton Day. So, be ready to get some of these delicious snacks for the day!
Are Fig Newtons healthy?
Let us remember that Fig Newtons are mass-produced treats, with that said, we can expect a high content of sugar (carbs), so besides that, Fig Newtons also contain some other nutrients that can balance their nutritional value.
As they are made of figs, you can expect some fiber, which is proven to ease the digestive process, also some proteins, vitamins, and minerals can be found in these cookies. But this topic will be much more profound in the nutritional facts of Fig Newtons.
What are the nutrition facts of Fig Newtons?
The United States Department of Agriculture Branded Food Products Database reveals that two Fig Newtons can provide you with the following nutrients.
How can you prepare your Fig Newtons at home?
As Fig Newtons became so popular, some people did not hesitate to emulate the famous and delicious recipe, so here you will find some of the most appealing ones:
There are so many ways you can prepare these cookies, if you do any of the listed recipes, please tell us how it went!
What are braces and what are they used for?
Braces are dental tools that can help solve some issues with your teeth and jaw. Some of the most common problems that need to be solved with braces are:
- Crossbites. When you have a crossbite, your upper teeth sit inside your lower ones, which can lead to misaligned jaw growth, jaw joint issues, and fractured teeth.
- Open bite. People with an open bite have their upper and lower front teeth separated, so they do not touch or overlap. When an open bite becomes severe, then some jaw surgery may be needed.
- Crowded teeth. As its name suggests, this occurs when there is not enough space for all teeth, so some may be positioned in the wrong place and at the wrong angle, which makes it harder to have proper hygiene in teeth and gums.
- Midline misalignment. This condition causes both your upper and lower front teeth to not be properly aligned. This can cause effects on the jaw and dental function.
As teeth, and all of your mouth, are connected directly to the brain, if you have some dental issues, all of your body will be affected. Actually, some serious diseases can be noticed because of dental symptoms.
If you want further guidance on this subject, please click here.
How to take care of your braces?
Braces may need some extra care, so be sure you follow some of the most general advice for keeping your braces as good as new.
- Brush your teeth after each meal. As you have braces, it is most likely that pieces of food get stuck in your braces, so to avoid any bad breath or discomfort, brush them with a special brush for braces.
- Take care of your diet. Avoid hard, crunchy, and crispy foods.
- Floss at least once a day. Once again, with braces some food will be retained in them, so make sure you keep your braces food-free.
Other FAQs about Pastry that you may be interested in.
In this brief guide, we have addressed the query, “can you eat fig newtons with braces?” We have also discussed other queries related to the subject at hand.
Hope you found this blog useful. If you have any questions, please let us know.