Can you eat fast food with braces
In this brief guide, we will address the query, “can you eat fast food with braces?” We will also discuss when it is necessary to use braces, and how you can change your diet to avoid any complications in your treatment.
Can you eat fast food with braces?
Yes, you can eat most kinds of fast food with braces. However, if you feel something you are eating is not that soft, it is better to avoid its consumption as it can lead to some damage to your braces.
Whether it is pizza, brownies, chicken nuggets, some soft chocolates, bacon, soft cakes, or soft tacos, you can still enjoy your favorite fast food without getting any hurt from your orthodontic treatment.
What are braces used for?
Braces are very popular to treat misaligned teeth and certain conditions that cause movement between your teeth and the adjoining area. In general, braces are an orthodontist treatment used to change problems associated with your teeth.
You can find small metal or ceramic braces, they hold the metallic wires in position on the teeth. They need to be glued to the teeth, and for that, they use glue or bonding cement. Also, according to your needs, you may need some extra adjuncts, like rubber bands.
How can you tell if you need braces?
Some of the most common problems that can be treated with braces include:
- Crossbites. When you have a crossbite, your upper teeth sit inside your lower ones, which can lead to misaligned jaw growth, jaw joint issues, and fractured teeth.
- Crowded teeth. As its name suggests, this occurs when there is not enough space for all teeth, so some may be positioned in the wrong place and at the wrong angle, which makes it harder to have proper hygiene in teeth and gums.
- Midline misalignment. This condition causes both your upper and lower front teeth to not be properly aligned. This can cause effects on the jaw and dental function.
- Open bite. People with an open bite have their upper and lower front teeth separated, so they do not touch or overlap. When an open bite becomes severe, then some jaw surgery may be needed.
- Protrusion. People with protrusion have their upper front teeth extending too far in front of the lower teeth. This can lead to crowding between the lower front teeth, or excessive spaces between the upper front teeth.
Each case is different, so we encourage you to visit your orthodontist to know what is best for you, and follow all the advice they give you.
Are braces painful?
Since we were children, it is common to fear dentists, whenever you hear that horrific noise you may even have some chills, but taking care of your mouth can bring some awesome benefits to your overall health.
During your first week with braces, you may feel a lot of discomfort and pain, but that is normal because your teeth will be moving, also every month your orthodontist will fix your ligatures, and you may experience some discomfort as well.
But the changes that orthodontic treatment can cause to your health are invaluable so a little discomfort is totally worth it.
Why can’t you eat hard foods with braces?
Not only hard foods are forbidden with braces but sticky foods are as well. The reason why you can not consume these types of food is that they can cause some harm to your braces, such as:
- Bend the wires on braces.
- Loosen the braces band.
- Knock off brackets.
It is also possible that crunchy foods get stuck in your braces, which will cause pain and even cause some tooth decay.
It is better to stay away from these foods when you are in orthodontic treatment as this can be delayed because of these types of food.
If you want further guidance on this subject, please click here.
What are the best fast foods to eat with braces?
Fast food is very popular because it tastes delicious, it is usually cheap, and also you spend zero time cooking. So, there is no surprise people with braces worry about not being able to eat fast food. But luckily for them, there are some braces-friendly fast foods.
You need to choose the soft options, in order to take care of your braces, some of these soft fast foods are:
- Pizza without crust
- Soft cakes
- Chicken nuggets
- Soft tacos
- Ice cream and popsicles
Some other options can fit into this category as well, we recommend you to ask your doctor about any food you have doubts about if it is safe to eat with braces.
In this brief guide, we have addressed the query, “can you eat fast food with braces?” We have also discussed other queries related to the subject at hand.
Hope you found this blog useful. If you have any questions, please let us know.