In this short article, we will answer the question “Can you eat cinnamon toast crunch without milk?”, and provide information about its ingredients, along with the best ways to enjoy the cereal.
Can you eat cinnamon toast crunch without milk?
Yes, cinnamon toast crunch can be eaten without milk, although it tastes better when milk is added to it. The cereal can be eaten straight out of the box as an afternoon snack, or be incorporated into various desserts such as cakes or puddings, as it adds a unique cinnamon flavor.
What are the ingredients in cinnamon toast crunch?
Cinnamon toast crunch is made out of the following ingredients:
- Whole Grain Wheat
- Rice Flour
- Salt and sugar
- Caramel Color
- Soy Lecithin
- Canola oil
- Trisodium Phosphate
- BHT (butylated hydroxytoluene) is a preservative
Vitamins and minerals include:
- Folic acid
- Iron and zinc
- Vitamin A, B1, B2, B6, B12, C and D3
- Calcium carbonate
How can you eat cinnamon toast crunch?
- Smoothies: Smoothies can be made by blending cinnamon toast crunch in milk, honey, banana, and vanilla extract. Other fruits can be added according to preference, and the smoothies serve as a good breakfast that is filling and healthy.
- Cupcakes: Make cupcakes by grinding the cereal in a food processor, and adding it to the cupcake batter. The cupcakes can be decorated using buttercream containing the leftover ground-up cereal, or with thick cream cheese frosting.
- Breakfast bars: Breakfast bars are easy to make, and serve as a ready-to-go snack for people with a busy schedule. After mixing butter, marshmallows, and vanilla extract in a pan on low heat, add it to the cinnamon toast crunch cereal in a pan and let it set. Press gently to distribute the mixture, and cut into bars using a knife.
- Cheesecake: Cheesecake can be made by using the cinnamon toast crunch as the cheesecake base. Combine butter, with marshmallows in a pan on low heat, and add cinnamon toast crunch cereal. After preparing the cream cheese mixture, add it to the cinnamon toast crunch base, and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Rainbow jars: Rainbow jars contain layers of fruits, and cinnamon toast crunch cereal, held together by greek yogurt or any other flavored yogurt. They are a healthy breakfast snack, and the fruits add a splash of color to the jar. They can be refrigerated at night, and eaten in the morning.
- Cinnamon toast crumble: Cinnamon toast crunch crumble can be used to make delicious cakes with a cinnamon flavor. The crumble is made by mixing ground-up cinnamon toast crunch cereal with baking powder, oil, salt, and vanilla essence. The crumble is sprinkled on top of the frosting of choice, which adds a crunchy texture to the cake
Is cinnamon toast crunch without milk healthy?
No, cinnamon toast crunch without milk is not healthy due to its high sugar content. The usage of BHT as a preservative is also considered unsafe by many food experts, although limited research has been done on it so far. More information about BHT, and its impacts on health can be found here.
Is cinnamon toast crunch without milk vegan?
No, cinnamon toast crunch without milk is not vegan, as it contains vitamin D3, which is derived from lanolin; a byproduct of sheep’s wool. Similarly, vitamin B12 used in the cinnamon toast crunch cereal is also found in animal products such as fish, meat, and poultry, but not in plant food. Hence, the cereal is not considered vegan friendly.
How many calories are in cinnamon toast crunch with milk?
Cinnamon toast crunch has 170 calories per serving, which increases to roughly 220 if eaten with a cup of skim milk. There are also 12 grams of sugar and 4 grams of total fat per serving, which makes the cereal unhealthy if consumed daily, and could lead to health complications such as obesity.
Is cinnamon toast crunch without milk gluten-free?
No, cinnamon toast crunch without milk is not gluten-free as it contains whole wheat, and it is also produced in a non-gluten-free facility. Hence, if you are gluten intolerant, or have celiac disease, avoid consuming the cinnamon toast crunch cereal, as it could trigger symptoms and cause pain.
What are the cinnamon toast crunch flavors?
Cinnamon toast crunch comes in a variety of flavors such as apple toast crunch, french toast crunch, strawberry toast crunch, and blueberry toast crunch. However, cinnamon toast crunch cereal is by far the most popular among most people due to its distinct flavor.
Other FAQs about Cinnamon that you may be interested in.
In this short article, we have answered the question “Can you eat cinnamon toast crunch without milk?”, and provided information about its ingredients, along with the best ways to enjoy the cereal.