In this article, we will answer the question “Can you eat 5 apples a day?”, and what happens if you eat too many apples.
Read on if you want to know how the apple diet works.
Can you eat 5 apples a day?
Yes, you can eat 5 apples a day but it is not recommended. According to the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), adults should have two servings of fruit per day. However, the American Heart Association recommends eating 4-5 servings of fruit per day.
These fruit servings should not come from a single fruit rather a variety of fruits. Because a wholesome diet is both sustainable and nutritious. Apple is high in sugar and has a laxative effect. So, eating as much as 5 apples per day is not a good idea for diabetics and those with frequent or chronic digestive issues.
How to make Baked apples?
- 4 apples any variety
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup brown sugar light or dark
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon more or less to taste
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Remove the stem and the core of each apple using a sharp knife. You can also use an Apple coring device for this purpose.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a medium bowl. Then add the butter and crumble it with your hands until it is well incorporated into the dry mixture.
- Placing the apples standing upright in a baking tray. Fill the core of the apples with the prepared mixture.
- Able the apples for about 30 minutes or until they are tender and the filling is bubbling.
Serving size: 1 apple
How The Apple Diet works
Detox Day 1:
Eat five apples at regular intervals. Slice the apples and chew slowly. Pair each apple with a glass of skimmed or soya milk. For snacking in between meals, you can have a small pot of unflavoured yogurt, tea, coffee, and have plenty of water.
Eat five apples as instructed but with an addition of a colorful mixed salad dressed in but add olive oil and vinegar dressing. You can eat your salad at lunch or dinner.
Eat three apples and drink a pint of milk every day. Choose your meals from the menu plan below.
* 1 apple, sliced
* cheese omelet (30g cheese, 2 eggs) OR small bowl porridge with milk
* Small pot yogurt
* 1 apple
* 2 Ryvita Multigrains, (or 2 oatcakes) with cottage cheese
* 1 apple
* chicken breast with steamed broccoli and ½ cup of brown rice, or grilled or baked salmon with salad
What happens if you eat too many apples?
Digestive issues: You may experience digestive issues like constipation and bloating if you eat too many apples. This usually happens when you exceed the daily 20-40 gram limit of fiber intake.
Blood sugar fluctuations: Apples are a carb-rich fruit and eating too many of them can lead to a sudden elevation in your blood sugar levels. This is particularly worrisome for people with diabetes as excess blood sugar can worsen insulin sensitivity and reduce the effectiveness of diabetes medications.
Weight gain: Eating too many carbs in the form of fruits such as apples does not go hand in hand with losing weight. Stick to eating an apple a day if you want to lose weight and want your body to burn fats.
Teeth damage: Eating too many apples can result in teeth damage due to the acidic pH of apples. You can avoid this by eating only one apple a day and chewing it with your back teeth or eating it in combination with a meal.
You could be consuming pesticides: Diphenylamine is the most commonly present pesticide on apples. This pesticide has been marked carcinogenic by the European Union. However, you will need to eat a lot of apples for the pesticide to accumulate in toxic amounts in your body.
According to an analysis from the Alliance for Food and Farming (AFF), women could eat up to 850 apples before experiencing any pesticide-related negative effects.
Stress on the intestines: Since the apple is high in sugar, eating too many can put extra stress on the intestines especially if you have severe Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) or experience frequent bloating, gas, or digestive discomfort.
Other FAQs about Apple that you may be interested in.
In this article, we answered the question “Can you eat 5 apples a day?”, and what happens if you eat too many apples.