Can you drink milk on the 21-day fix?
In this article, we will answer the question “Can you drink milk on the 21-day fix?”, and what is the 21-day fix.
Can you drink milk on the 21-day fix?
Yes, you can drink milk on the 21-day fix. The only milk allowed on the 21-day fix is the canned coconut milk packed in the blue container.
What is the 21-day fix?
The 21-day fix is a fitness program that was proposed by BeachBody, a popular American fitness, and media company. The objective of this weight loss program is to make its followers lose 15 pounds (7 kg) in three weeks. The 21-day fix uses a workout guide and a portion-controlled meal program to burn fat.
How to follow the 21-day fix?
You can order the 21-day fix plan from the Beachbody website or Team Beachbody coaches via social media. After receiving the 21-day fix package that includes 21 Day Fix guides, portion-control containers, and workout DVDs, follow the steps below.
Follow your workouts
You will find two DVDs in the package that include six 30-minute workouts.
- Upper Fix: This workout targets your upper body (chest, back, shoulders, arms, and abs) through resistance training.
- Lower Fix: This workout is designed to tone up and strengthen your entire lower body while burning fat and losing calories.
- Total Body Cardio Fix: This full-body cardiovascular workout is a calorie burner. It uses weights to increase heart rate.
- Cardio Fix: A second cardiovascular workout minus the weights.
- Pilates Fix: This is a Pilates-based workout and it targets your abdominals and thighs, making them firm.
- Yoga Fix: This is a relaxing yoga-based workout that aims to improve flexibility and balance.
As a follower of the 21 Day Fix workout plan, you should be working out at least once every day of the week.
Find your ‘Container Plan’
You must calculate your daily calorie requirement before hitting on the 21-day fix diet plan. This program provides you with a mathematical equation in the starter guide that you can use to figure out your calorie needs.
- First, multiply your current weight in pounds by 11 to get your calorie baseline (basal metabolic rate or BMR).
- Add 400 (workout calorie burn) to your calorie baseline to get your calorie needs required to maintain your weight.
- Last but not the least, subtracting 750 (the calorie deficit) from your calorie needs will give you the calorie target you should eat to lose weight, according to Beachbody.
The final answer of this calculation is the number that determines how many servings of each color-coded container you can consume per day. Each color-coded container is a different size containing a specific food group.
- Green container (1 cup): Vegetables
- Purple container (1 cup): Fruit
- Red container (¾ cup): Protein sources
- Yellow container (½ cup): Carbs
- Blue container (⅓ cup): Healthy fats
- Orange container (two tablespoons): Seeds and dressings
If your target calorie range permits, you can consume 2-6 teaspoons of nut butter and oils. The 21-day fix program contains four “Container Plans” with different calorie target ranges.
- Plan A: 1,200–1,499 calories
- Plan B: 1,500–1,799 calories
- Plan C: 1,800–2,099 calories
- Plan D: 2,100–2,300 calories
Refer to the following table to figure out the number of specific color-coded contains that you can take per day as per your plan type.
|Plan A||Plan B||Plan C||Plan D|
|Oils and nut butter||2||4||5||6|
The BeachBody 21-day fix warns the users to not consume less than 12000 or more than 23000 calories. If the calculated calorie needs of the user fall short or exceed the suggested limits, round up the figure to 12000 or 23000.
Plan approved meals
Once you have figured out the servings of each food group required per day, you need to find out the number of containers you are allowed per day. The program comes with a tally sheet that helps you keep track of your daily container consumption.
Track your progress
Taking pictures every day is the best way to track your progress. Another reliable method is to take body measurements of the arms, chest, waist, hips, and thighs to determine how many inches of fat you lost over 21 days.
What to eat and avoid?
The 21-day fix program fixates on including fresh produce, lean proteins, and healthy fats in the diet. You should minimize or eliminate added sugars, refined carbs, processed foods, greasy and fried foods, and alcohol from your diet.
Other FAQs about Milk that you may be interested in.
Can a milkshake go bad in the fridge?
Can formula milk go in the fridge?
What is the boiling point of milk?
In this article, we answered the question “Can you drink milk on the 21-day fix?”, and what is the 21-day fix.