Can you do Uber Eats under someone else’s name? (+5 Uber Eats features)
In this post, we will explain if you can do Uber Eats under someone else’s name and also discuss the various steps involved in doing so. Furthermore, we will check out some of the different advantages that Uber Eats drivers can benefit while doing this gig. Finally, we will mention a few unique features of Uber Eats itself that make it such a highly rated food delivery app.
Can you do Uber Eats under someone else’s name?
Yes, you can do Uber Eats under someone else’s name, provided that they have officially nominated or delegated you. For the nomination or delegation process, the Uber Eats driver needs to follow the steps given below:
- Tap on the ‘Opt in to delegation’ option in the Driver’s app or the Uber Eats website
- Click on the ‘I wish to opt into delegation option’ and then wait for the confirmation email. This might take up to a day to arrive
- You will then need to read the Delegation Addendum and then click on the ‘Agree; option
- You can then provide details of your delegate, such as their full name, their email address and their phone number. If your delegate already delivers for Uber Eats, they will need to give the email address and phone number which is linked to their Uber Eats account
- If the delegate has never delivered for Uber Eats, they will need to create an active Uber Eats delivery driver account after which they can be delegated your delivery requests
- Once the delegation process has been confirmed, you and your delegate will need to verify yourselves whenever the app is being used
To be a delegate for someone else in Uber Eats, you will need to have certain requirements, such as,
- You will need to be at least 18 years old
- You will have to pass a background test. If you have any past DUIs or felonies, you might not be able to deliver for Uber Eats
- You also should have never had an Uber account deactivated in the past
- You also need a valid driver’s license if you are opting to deliver through a vehicle. The vehicle needs to be insured and licensed
Advantages of being an Uber Eats driver
Delivering for Uber Eats and any other delivery app is a pretty common part-time job that many people are undertaking. While this may seem like an unconventional job when compared to others, there are certainly numerous benefits that delivery drivers can experience here. Some of the best advantages of being an Uber Eats driver have been explained as follows.
They get paid on a weekly basis
The Uber Eats drivers get paid on a weekly basis which is perhaps the best advantage of this gig. The earnings of the driver are deposited in to the bank accounts at the end of every work week. However, the delivery driver can also choose to cash out their earnings on a daily basis through Instant Pay.
They get regular bonuses and incentives
They also get regular bonuses and incentives in Uber Eats. This is often done by completing Quests. Quests in Uber Eats refer to a certain number of deliveries in a specific period of time. By completing these Quests, the delivery drivers get bonuses which find their way to their bank accounts. Incentives are also offered regularly in the form of discounts at certain restaurants.
They earn more during peak hours
The delivery driver in Uber Eats can also earn more than usual during peak hours. The peak hours in Uber Eats occur during busy hours like lunch hours and even on weekends. The pay rates are also multiplied when certain events are happening in town, called Boost Promotions, during which the delivery driver can earn more in a lesser amount of time.
They can choose any method of delivery
The delivery driver in Uber Eats can also choose any method of delivery. They can choose to deliver the food orders by means of a car, a motorbike or even by bicycle or foot. In addition to this, they can also nominate or delegate someone else to deliver for them as long as they meet certain conditions.
They get to explore the city
The delivery drivers in Uber Eats can also explore the city. And thus, this gig is fabulous for those who like to go around and want to earn money at the same time. The job also requires very minimal social interaction and thus is splendid for introverts.
Unique features of Uber Eats
Uber Eats has a large number of features that are unique to it and thus make it such a popular food-delivery app. These features are:
- An inbuilt map feature through which the customer can easily track their food order’s location
- A group ordering feature with easy bill-splitting which can be superb for large social gatherings
- A map feature in which the customer can explore restaurants in the nearby area
- A scheduled ordering feature through which orders can be placed much beforehand
- An Uber One membership which can bring the user a wide range of advantages
Other FAQs about Meal Delivery Services that you may be interested in.
In this post, we have explained if you can do Uber Eats under someone else’s name and also discussed the various steps involved in doing so. Furthermore, we have checked out some of the advantages that Uber Eats drivers can benefit while doing this gig. Finally, we have mentioned a few unique features of Uber Eats itself that make it such a highly rated food delivery app.
If you like this post, please leave your comments and questions below.