In this brief article, we will answer the question “can you cook steak in an air fryer?”. We will also discuss ingredients, directions, and how long it takes to cook the steak.
Can you cook steak in an air fryer?
Yes, you can cook steak in an air fryer. You don’t have to worry about overcooking or overheating your steak in an air fryer because it is so simple to use. Without sacrificing flavor, it can cut the cooking time in half and fat in half as well.
You can also use the air fryer to cook steak that has been frozen, but the cooking time will need to be adjusted. The way they work is by distributing heat evenly all around the steak, making it extremely difficult to mess up the cooking process.
- 1 tbsp. of garlic powder
- Half teaspoon of paprika with a dash of sugar
- One-half teaspoon of kosher salt
- Black pepper in a quarter teaspoon
- Four 1-inch-thick sirloin steaks (1 1/2 pounds total)
- Olive oil
1. Add the spices to a mixing bowl and stir thoroughly to incorporate them into the dish.
2. Olive oil should be sprayed on both sides of the steak, and then spices should be distributed evenly across both sides.
3. Set your air fryer to a high temperature so that the basket can get warm. Cook a steak measuring one inch thick in the air fryer at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for ten minutes, turning it over halfway; for medium-rare, cook it for 12 minutes, turning it over halfway.
The amount of time required may change slightly depending on the model of air fryer used as well as how thick is the steak.
4. For the final flourish, add a dash of sea salt and fresh black pepper.
5. Tent it with foil for five minutes before cutting.
Variation and tips
Type of steak
For this recipe, we used leaner sirloin, but you can use this technique with any thick cut of steak that you like.
The thickness matters
The thicker the steak, the more flavorful it will be when cooking it. To avoid overcooking, thicker steaks should be marinated for at least an hour.
The temperature at room allows your steaks to reach room temperature at least half an hour before you start cooking them for the best possible results. To brown the meat, pat it dry with paper towels rather than frying it in oil.
A little oil will help your steaks, chops, and vegetables brown more evenly.
When grilling lean steaks, it’s beneficial to use a rub dry to enhance the color of the meat. Spices like salt and pepper are all you need in this dish.
Overcrowding the brisket
For browning to be optimal, steaks should not be overcrowded in the basket.
Remove the steaks from the air fryer basket and set them aside to rest on a plate while tented with aluminum foil. This will prevent the steaks from continuing to cook.
How long do the steaks take to cook?
Steaks take approximately 15 mins to cook depending on their thickness. To make steaks with a thickness of 1 inch that is cooked to a medium-rare temperature, place the steak in an air fryer that has been preheated for 12 minutes. Flip the steak after six minutes.
The ideal conditions for achieving medium-rare doneness in steaks are for them to be one inch thick and be prepared in an air fryer for ten minutes after the appliance has been preheated. After five minutes, the steak needs to have the other side flipped. For steaks that are thicker or thinner, the cooking time should be adjusted accordingly.
How to get a perfectly cooked steak in an air fryer?
It is necessary to check the doneness of your steaks with a meat probe and remove them from the oven about five degrees before because the temperature of the meat will continue to rise while it rests. It takes 12 minutes to cook an 8-ounce ribeye steak in an air fryer at 400 degrees Fahrenheit, with a half-turn halfway through.
It is absolutely necessary to have a thermometer that provides instant readings when preparing steaks at home, and these are the temperatures at the end so that you can prepare the steak to your exact specifications.
- 125 degrees Fahrenheit is extremely unusual.
- One of the rarest: 135 degrees Fahrenheit
- An ideal temperature for cooking is 145 degrees Fahrenheit
- An ideal temperature for a medium-well is 155 degrees Fahrenheit
- 160 degrees Fahrenheit, to be precise
What is the nutritional value of steak?
The 16-ounce steak serves up 221 calories; it has 39.5 grams of protein; 7 grams of fat; 2 grams of saturated fat; and 117.5 milligrams of cholesterol. Steak is innately low in carbs, including fiber and sugar, because it is a meat product.
As a source of high-quality proteins, steak is an excellent choice. Meat contains all of the essential amino acids that the human body needs, just like other animal sources of protein.
In this brief article, we have answered the question “can you cook steak in air fryer?”. We have also discussed ingredients, directions, and how long it takes to cook the steak.