Can you cook ramen in a rice cooker?
In this brief guide, we are going to answer the question “can you cook ramen in a rice cooker” with an in-depth analysis of the potential benefits this appliance holds in preparing different kinds of food products except boiled or steamed rice. Moreover, we are going to highlight the general recipe one can follow for making ramen using a rice cooker and going to address different issues that people might think may be problematic to handle.
Can you cook ramen in a rice cooker?
Yes, you can cook ramen in a rice cooker. Rice cooker is not an appliance that is not restricted to be used only for boiling or steaming rice. Nowadays, a lot of products can be cooked using it. The reason behind excessive applications is that it is easy to operate as well as need minimum effort. Therefore, one can cook ramen in a rice cooker without worrying much about the harmful consequences as it is a safe and less time consuming machine.
Ramen is a Japanese food that is now common all around the world. It is a noodle soup, combined with flavored broth and usually added with different vegetables, beans, meats, such as scallions, pork and topped with mushrooms and a boiled egg.
Ramen in rice cooker:
Rice cooker is an appliance originally designed for boiling or steaming rice. But nowadays, these appliances can be used to make a variety of products, including different grains, puddings, pancakes and many more. Moreover, the rice cookers are both budget friendly as well as cook your products faster and properly.
To cook ramen in a rice cooker, following steps should be followed:
- Take meat, dry or fresh ramen noodles, beans, vegetables (green onions, bean sprouts, lettuce), mushrooms, egg, pork or chicken, and different seasonings.
- Fill the rice cooker with 3-4 inches of water and preheat the cooker at highest temperature to warm up the water till the steam starts coming out.
- Place the meat in warm water and turn the electric cooker on at highest temperatures setting for about 15 minutes. Remove the meat from the cooker after 15 minutes.
- Again, make the level of water in the rice cooker at about 3-4 inches on the scale, place an egg in it and select the temperature settings for steam or soup. Cook the egg for about 10 minutes and after 10 minutes, remove the egg from the cooker and peel it.
- Add water along with seasonings you want to add and select the temperature settings for soup to make broth. Once the broth is prepared, add mushrooms, ramen noodles and vegetables and cook for a while again until they are semi-cooked.
- Remove the cooked ramen with broth from the cooker and top the bowl with meat, onion and egg. Sprinkle with a small amount of black pepper if you like and enjoy it.
You can read about the structure and the working principle of electric rice cookers here.
Problems associated with cooking in a rice cooker:
Food can be burned:
Some people might think that the food placed in a rice cooker might be burned as there is no water left at the end and excessive heat can burn the product from the bottom that may result in spoiling the overall flavor and taste of the product. But this is not the case with cooking ramen in a rice cooker as there is enough water in the cooker till the end of the cooking.
Food may be overcooked or undercooked:
Some people might also think that the temperature settings would be difficult to understand and may result in the overcooking or undercooking of the food. But this is not correct. Temperature settings for different types of products are available in the rice cooker setting. What one needs to do is to simply make some effort to understand what type of food one is going to cook.
Chances of contamination:
As rice cookers are used for cooking more than one food item nowadays, there may exist chances that the germs from one food may contaminate the other food item, such as bacteria from meat can stick to the walls of the cooker and can be transferred to another product made in the same cooker. But this problem can be resolved by maintaining the proper cleanliness of the appliance. One should clean the cooker thoroughly before and after cooking every single item in it.
In this brief guide, we answered the question “can you cook ramen in a rice cooker” with an in-depth analysis of the potential benefits associated with the use of this product and the applications of this product in preparing the foods in no time without needing much effort.
Moreover, we also discussed the recipe that can be used generally for cooking ramen using a rice cooker and considered different wrong concepts or problems that people usually associate with the modern use of this appliance in daily life.