In this brief guide, we will answer the question, can you boil eggs in a microwave oven? We will discuss the precise method to boil eggs in a microwave oven and the length of time needed to get a good texture of the boiled egg.
Can you boil eggs in a microwave oven?
You can boil eggs in a microwave oven. Eggs will take anywhere between 30 seconds to 50 seconds to boil on high power. The longer you microwave your eggs, the harder they will be.
If you like the eggs to be soft, then microwave for around 30 seconds or more. Similarly, to get hard-boiled eggs, you need to microwave for around a minute.
Either poke a hole or put salt in the water to prevent the eggs from bursting. Poking a hole in the egg can be inconvenient, therefore you could add salt instead.
Salt helps to redistribute the microwave energy, hence making the egg cook more evenly and preventing it from exploding.
An alternative is to remove the shells before you boil the eggs in the microwave.
How to boil eggs in the microwave?
- To boil eggs in the microwave, put one or two eggs in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Fill the bowl with hot water until it covers the eggs about ½ inch.
- Add half a teaspoon of salt per egg. One teaspoon of salt if you are microwaving two eggs and two teaspoons for four eggs.
- Turn the microwave on and let the eggs cook for around four minutes. Let the egg sit in the hot water for a minute.
- Then, turn the power of the microwave back on and microwave for a few more minutes.
- Take another bowl and fill it with ice-cold water and dunk the eggs in before you serve them.
How to cook your eggs to get the taste and texture that you like?
- If you desire a soft-boiled egg, then you need only 4 minutes to let the egg cook.
- If you like hard and dried boiled eggs, then let the eggs cook for 15 minutes.
- If you cook the eggs for less than five minutes, your eggs will be runny and soft. After you exceed the five-minute benchmark, the white will be firm and the yolk starts to set.
After 10 minutes, the egg yolk starts to set but remains soft until you cook for 15 minutes, which is when the yolk becomes crumbly and dry.
When you boil eggs you need to let them sit in hot water to let them cook. If you want the eggs to be soft-boiled, let the eggs sit in hot water for no more than 2-3 minutes. For medium-boiled eggs, let them sit in hot water for 6-7 minutes. Hard-boiled eggs, on one hand, will need to sit in the microwave for 8-10 minutes.
After the eggs have been boiled, the crucial step is to provide the eggs with a temperature shock by dunking them in ice-cold water using a slotted spoon.
Put the soft-boiled egg in cold water for about a minute, the medium-boiled egg for 2-3 minutes, and the hard-boiled eggs for 5 minutes.
How many eggs can you cook in the microwave?
You can cook as many eggs in the microwave you like. However, cooking a large batch of eggs in the microwave can be difficult, therefore, it is not recommended.
Keep in mind that the more eggs you cook at a time, the longer they will take to boil. However, cooking a large number of eggs can cause uneven cooking, hence, you need to ensure that there is enough space for the eggs to cook evenly.
Use only as many eggs in a bowl that they sit sparsely. The more eggs that you would like to boil at a given time, the bigger the bowl you need.
How good are boiled eggs?
Boiled eggs are nutritious, cook quickly, and are versatile. . Some recipes to try are sandwiches, pasta, casseroles, submerged, and grain bowls.
The proteins and Omega 3 Fatty acids promote brain health. Omega 3 in eggs also reduces triglyceride levels in the blood.
Eggs contain all the amino acids that are required to synthesize protein. It also has vitamin D and Choline. Vitamin D contributes to calcium absorption and protects against bone diseases.
In this brief guide, we answered the question, can you boil eggs in a microwave oven? We discussed the precise method to boil eggs in a microwave oven and the length of time needed to get a good texture of the boiled egg.