Can you boil Avent glass bottles
In this brief guide, we will address the query, “Can you boil Avent glass bottles?” We will also discuss what are Avent glass bottles, the benefits of boiling them, how often you should boil them and how to do that safely, and much more tips and tricks.
Can you boil Avent glass bottles?
Yes, you can boil Avent glass bottles, it is not an option. You should boil them as part of good hygiene to protect your baby from bacteria and keep him healthy because his immune system has not yet fully developed to defend him at this age.
However, keep in mind that boiling Avent glass bottles does not mean cooking them because their soft texture makes them easily destroyed by the high heat, therefore you need to read the manufacturer’s instructions and regularly check them for damage.
So if you are concerned about your baby’s Avent glass bottle hygiene to maintain healthy life and safety for your baby Then you must read this article because we will show you exactly how to boil these baby bottles properly and safely to sterilise them from all pathogenic microorganisms without reducing their durability.
What are Avent glass bottles?
Avent glass bottles are manufactured by Philips using a special type of glass known as Pyrex.
This feature makes these bottles remarkably unique and safe to use for you and your baby due to their high resistance to shocks, scratches, heat, and thermal shock, which will allow you to safely warm them up and sterilise them using boiling.
Besides, Avent baby bottles are produced in such a way that they highly imitate the shape of the mother’s breast and have a large teat thus facilitating the baby’s breastfeeding, and allowing you to successfully alternate between breast and baby bottle in feeding your little angel.
What are the benefits of boiling Avent glass bottles?
Based on the special unique shape and texture of Avent glass bottles, they are highly demandable among mothers to help them feed their babies properly in an alternation with breastfeeding.
However, using Avent glass bottles to feed your baby means much sucking, hand-holding, and many accidental dropping of the bottle on the floor, tabletop, or car seats as well as contamination with baby’s saliva and milk residues.
For this reason, boiling Avent glass bottles is a step in your hygiene plan and a highly effective method to clean, sterilise and disinfect baby’s bottles from all sorts of germ and chemical contamination that increases the risk of making your baby ill or developing thrush, mouth sores, and white patches.
How often should you boil Avent glass bottles?
When it comes to your baby’s health you will do anything!! Therefore it is essential and highly recommended to boil your baby’s Avent glass bottles because he is usually highly vulnerable to infections due to his weak immune system that has not yet developed.
So you must boil and sterilize Avent glass bottles as follows:
- Before their first use, which means once you take them out of the packaging
- Daily after each milk formula consumption by newborns, premature infants, and babies up to 3 months
For more detailed guidance, please click the link here
How can you safely boil Avent glass bottles?
Boiling Avent glass bottles has never been so easy and fast because in this section we will give you the basic steps that you can follow to boil and sterilise your baby’s Avent glass bottles safely and efficiently:
- Make sure you have cleaned your Avent glass bottles well before sterilising using a brush, but avoid using any corrosive, chemical solutions and concentrated cleaners
- Disassemble the Avent nipple from the Avent glass bottle
- Follow the instructions mentioned in the user manual
- Pour enough water into a saucepan to completely cover the Avent glass bottles then let it boil
- Place the disassembled Avent glass bottle and nipple in the boiling water for 5 minutes
- Do not let the disassembled Avent glass bottles and nipples if you are boiling more than one touch each other or touch the side of the pan to avoid undesired deformation and damage
- Also, keep in mind to avoid boiling and sterilising the Avent nipples for too long to prevent them from weakening
- Remove the hot Avent glass bottle carefully from the boiling water using tongs and let it cool to room temperature
In this brief guide, we have addressed the query, “Can you boil Avent glass bottles?” We have also discussed what are Avent glass bottles, the benefits of boiling them, how often you should boil them and how to do that safely, and much more tips and tricks.
Hope you found this blog useful. If you have any questions, please let us know.