Can you boil asparagus with pasta
In this brief guide, we will address the query, “Can you boil asparagus with pasta?” We will also discuss what is the nutritional value of boiled asparagus with pasta recipe, its health benefits, and the best way to boil asparagus and pasta together?
Can you boil asparagus with pasta?
Yes, you can boil asparagus with pasta and enjoy this irresistible sweet taste combination and snappy texture
This simple, delicious, and tasteful side dish or lunch can be easily prepared in just a few simple steps, it will provide you with many essential nutrients and unlock new flavours.
We know how excited you are to make this healthy recipe and start enjoying it as part of your diet, so in this article, we will share with you the nutritional health benefits of boiled asparagus and pasta and give you instructions on how to boil and easily prepare this recipe just like a pro with few tips and tricks on how to store them.
What is the nutritional value of boiled asparagus with pasta?
Asparagus and pasta form a perfect duo that complements each other. This combination of vegetables and grains is a highly nourishing ingredient and an excellent source of several essential nutrients, vitamins, and minerals. This feature makes this recipe a great choice and a perfect addition to your healthy diet.
Boiling asparagus with pasta will provide your body with the following nutrients:
- Dietary fibre
What are the health benefits of boiling asparagus with pasta?
Consuming boiled asparagus and pasta has many health benefits that can be summarised as follows:
- Increases satiety and aids in weight loss
- Reliefs constipation and promotes healthy bowel movements
- Reduces cholesterol level
- Promotes and maintains a healthy urinary tract and prevents urinary tract infections (UTI)
- Boosts your immune system
- Provides essential protection at the cellular level and reduces the free radicals harmful effects
- Increases libido in both genders by stimulating the production of sex hormones (estrogen in women and testosterone in men)
- Promotes healthy liver and protects it from alcohol toxins
- Creates and ensures a healthy balance of good bacteria in your digestive tract (probiotics)
- Reduces bloating and gas
- A natural diuretic that enhances liquid flushing and reduces belly bulge
- Helps maintain a healthy pregnancy by reducing the risk of premature birth
- Promotes healthy bones
- Improves sleep quality
- Improves mood and relieves depression
- Regulate blood pressure
For more detailed guidance, please click the link here
What is the best way to boil asparagus and pasta together?
Boiling asparagus and pasta is not only super easy and fast but also a very healthy recipe with an incredible taste and aroma, so if you are excited to make yourself and your family this deliciously healthy dish then follow carefully this step by step instructions:
- Align your asparagus spears on the cutting board in such a way that they are all facing the same direction
- Trim the woody ends just where the green part of the stem starts to change in colour into white or light purple
- Pour water into a large pot, add some salt then let them boil on high heat
- Once the water is boiling add the prepared asparagus then cover the pot and cook until they are just tender-crisp by testing them using a fork, note that the time required for cooking ranges between 2-7 minutes according to the thickness of the spears
- Use a colander to drain your boiled asparagus, but reserve about 1 cup of the boiling liquid
- Fill the pot again with water, then cover and bring to a boil to cook your pasta as directed on the package
- During this time heat, olive oil in a sauté pan then cook chopped garlic cloves until golden
- Add the boiled asparagus with a sprinkle of salt and pepper then sauté for about 1-2 minutes
- Mix in a small bowl egg yolk with Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, salt, and pepper then add 1/4 cup of your reserved collected asparagus liquid
- Drain your boiled pasta then put it again in the pot with the egg mixture you prepared and cook for 2 minutes on medium-low until the pasta sauce thickens and sticks to your boiled pasta
- Bon appetit
Tip: don’t overcook or over-boil your asparagus or it will, unfortunately, lead to vitamins leaching out into the water and turning into stringy and yellow-green.
Other FAQs about Asparagus that you may be interested in.
In this brief guide, we have addressed the query, “Can you boil asparagus with pasta?” We have also discussed what is the nutritional value of boiled asparagus with pasta recipe, its health benefits, and the best way to boil asparagus and pasta together?
Hope you found this blog useful. If you have any questions, please let us know.