In this brief guide, we will address the query, “Can you boil 90-second rice?” We will also discuss What is the best way to boil 90-second rice? How To flavour your boiled 90-second rice? And finally What are the pros and cons of boiling 90-second rice?
Can you boil 90-second rice?
Yes, you can boil 90- second rice on the stove to get a tasty, delicious warm meal in just a few minutes and save yourself a lot of time and effort using this simple, easy and fast method.
So if you are craving to eat rice but you are busy all day at work, or you are a student living in a dorm or abroad away from your family and don’t have enough time to make food or you simply don’t like to stand for long hours in the kitchen preparing food.
Then boiling 90-second rice will be your perfect choice and rescue you by providing your body with the essential nutrients in just a few simple steps and no time.
In this article, we will give you all the information you need about boiling 90-second rice as well as a few helpful hints and tricks to enjoying this experience.
What is the best way to boil 90second rice?
There is no need to stress or worry about your dinner because in this section we will give you a few easy steps that you can follow to boil 90-second rice properly and quickly and get healthy rice that you can eat directly or after you season it or as part of another recipe, so simply follow the instructions below:
- Pour 2 cups of water into a pot or skillet and bring them to a boil
- Open the 90-second rice pouch and follow the manufacturer’s directions mentioned on the package
- Break the rice apart by gently squeezing the sides of the pouch
- Pour 90-second rice contents into the pot or skillet and cover it
- Leave the rice to steep, covered for 5 minutes until it heats up or until the water is absorbed and the rice becomes fluffy
- Stir the 90-second rice occasionally using a fork until it is heated thoroughly
Serve the rice hot and eat
Tip: Note that heat will soften the rice grains and make them taste better, so make sure that you continuously check the consistency of the rice every minute or so to observe when they will get soft.
How To flavour your boiled 90-second rice?
- It is recommended that you season your 90-second rice before boiling so that the flavour will infuse the flavour or you can simply add salt and some butter when they are done.
- Add Herbs
- Add Lime, butter, and oregano
- Drizzle on low sodium Soy Sauce
- Add Furikake seasoning
- Add beans
- Add an egg into the boiling water
For more detailed guidance, please click the link here
What are the pros and cons of 90-second rice?
We know what you are thinking now, yes boiling 90 seconds of rice saves you time and effort but is it really a healthy choice compared to boiling brown rice?
To answer your question, we will show you in this section what are the advantages and disadvantages of boiling 90-second rice so that you will be sure about what you are eating.
- The 90-second rice is usually more expensive than the regular rice
- The 90-second rice is precooked rice which is why it only needs 1–7 minutes of boiling compared to 18–30 minutes for the regular rice
- The 90-second rice also named instant rice has usually fewer calories, and less carbohydrates and protein compared to regular white or brown rice. These nutrients are usually lost during the 90-second rice processing.
However, most 90-second rice manufacturers compensate for this loss of nutrients by simply adding these nutrients such as the B-vitamins and iron.
- Boiling of the 90-second rice will result in less firm texture rice than regular rice
- The processing of the 90-second rice usually to loss of flavour, that is why it is recommended to flavour and season your rice before serving
|90-second rice||Regular brown and white rice|
|More expensive||Less expensive|
|1-7 minutes boiling time||18-30 minutes boiling time|
|fewer calories, carbohydrates, and protein but these nutrients are added||High in calories, and rich in natural carbohydrates and protein|
|Less firm texture||Firm in texture|
|Neutral due to lo loss in flavour||Rich in flavour|
Other FAQs about Rice that you may be interested in.
In this brief guide, we have addressed the query, “Can you boil 90-second rice?” We have also discussed What is the best way to boil 90-second rice? How To flavour your boiled 90-second rice? And finally What are the pros and cons of boiling 90-second rice?
Hope you found this blog useful. If you have any questions, please let us know.