Can you bake two pumpkin pies at once? (7 Things to Watch out for)
In this brief guide, we will answer the question, can you bake two pumpkin pies at once? We will discuss the challenges and steps to take if you decide to bake two pumpkin pies at once. We will also discuss a recipe to help you successfully bake two delicious pumpkin pies at once.
Can you bake two pumpkin pies at once?
You can bake two pumpkin pies at once if they fit in your oven. If both the pies are pumpkin pies, then you can bake them together, as they would need to be baked for the same amount of time.
The size of your pie has much to do with how many you can fit inside the oven. 2,3 or as many as 4 could fit inside an oven.
If you bake two pumpkin pies at once, you will not need to bake them for longer. Usually, you would be able to bake for as long as you would bake a single pumpkin pie.
How to bake two pumpkin pies at once?
To bake two pumpkin pies at once, place them in the middle of the rack side by side. Do not place the pies on different racks.
After you preheat the oven and prepare the pumpkin pie, place them at 425 degrees. The pies will be done baking at the same time, in about 15 minutes.
To bake a pumpkin pie, you must place them on the bottom rack to get a good, crispy crust. Use a knife and insert it to check if it is done.
How to bake a pumpkin pie or two?
To bake a pumpkin pie, you need the following ingredients
- A can of pumpkin
- Ground cinnamon
- Ground Ginger
- Ground cloves
- Evaporated milk
- And Unbaked pie shell.
- Preheat the oven to 426 Fahrenheit.
- Prepare the filling using 4 eggs, 29 oz pumpkin, one and a half cups of sugar, and one teaspoon of salt, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves. Also, add 12 oz evaporated milk.
- Mix the fillings together and add them to the pie shells.
- Let bake for 15 minutes.
- Turn the temperature down to 350 Fahrenheit and bake for 45 minutes.
- Use a knife to check if the inside is cooked.
- After the pies have cooled, serve and add whipping cream if desired.
You will get 2 pies of 9 inches each. If you want to use frozen pie shells, thaw them slightly before you add the fillings. Bake the pies on a cooking sheet for the time mentioned above.
For an improved texture of the crust, apply egg wash before baking.
What are some tips to bake two pumpkin pies at once?
Baking two pumpkin pies at the same time will not present you with any problem in an ordinary convection-style oven, where heat is circulated evenly throughout.
- While making multiple pumpkin-style pies at a time, you might need to increase the baking time by a few minutes. While this may not always stand true depending on your oven and how you place them.
- You would need to rotate the pies in the oven for optimum exposure to heat. To let both the pumpkin pies attain a brown and crispy crust, ensure that they both get enough time under the upper heating element.
- In some cases, you would need to dock and par-bake your crust before you add filling to the pies. Some pies will need to be moved and rotated more often than others.
- You must not cook two different kinds of pies together, such as a fruit pie with a meat pie. The meat pie might drip its content on the fruit pie and even if you place the two at a distance, the aroma of meat would travel from it to the fruit pie.
- A good pumpkin pie is sturdy at the edges and jiggly on the inside. You do not want to bake it further because after it cools it will become overcooked.
- If you bake your pumpkin pie for a longer time than needed, it will become watery and might also curdle. You would want to remove the pumpkin pie from the oven when it is still jiggly.
- To store pumpkin pie, let it cool and then wrap in either plastic wrap or aluminum foil. The pumpkin pie will last two to four days in the refrigerator.
- To successfully make a pumpkin pie before Thanksgiving, mix the ingredients for filling the night before.
Other FAQs about Baking that you may be interested in.
In this brief guide, we answered the question, can you bake two pumpkin pies at once? We discussed the challenges and steps to take if you decide to bake two pumpkin pies at once. We also discussed a recipe to help you successfully bake two delicious pumpkin pies at once.