In this article, we will answer the question “Can you bake something that is supposed to be fried?”, and how to make oven-fried chicken?
Can you bake something that is supposed to be fried?
Yes, you can bake something that is supposed to be fried. This article includes 5 ways on how you can bake your favorite fried foods.
Can you bake Sweet potato fries?
Yes, you can bake sweet potato fries. To make sweet potato fries by baking, you need to cut the potato into 1/4-inch-thick wedges first. Then cover the potatoes in a coating of 2 tablespoons of cornstarch or potato starch and 3 tbsp of oil.
Spread the wedges on a baking sheet and bake at 400° F for 25 minutes. Flip the wedges after every 15 minutes to promote even baking. Increase the temperature by 5 degrees in the last 5 minutes of cooking to develop a crispy crust.
Baked sweet potatoes have a pure taste and a crispy bite. These come out quite chalky on the outside though.
5 ways to bake instead of fry to enjoy eating guilt-free comfort foods
Instead of frying the berate comfort food in loads of oil, bake them to turn them into healthy comfort foods. Any breaded food like breaded chicken parmesan, breaded mushrooms, or breaded eggplant can be baked by adjusting the coating.
Some foods like breaded chicken might take longer to bake than braided mushrooms due to the size difference.. Fried and breaded foods have the same crispy exterior as the fried food but they are healthier.
Bake chicken instead of frying
Boneless and skinless chicken breast slathered with delicious seasoning something like sriracha-honey or garlic, olive oil, and sun-dried tomato worth replacing your regular fried chicken. Oven braised chicken retains moisture and is full of flavor due to the slow cooking process.
Make french fries in the oven
French fries are the most common comfort food. Baked french fries taste heavenly and present a guilt-free option whenever you are french-fries-sick. Cut the potato into wedges and slather them in your favorite seasonings with some oil.
Bake at 450 until golden and crispy. Medium-sized wedges will take about 45 minutes o develop a crispy crust and a softcore at 450 degrees. Do not forget to flip the wedges after regular intervals to promote even baking and prevent burning.
Bake famous Asian comfort foods
You are mistaken If you think that tempura, potstickers, and egg rolls can not be made by baking. Any pre-cooked meat item can be easily baked at 400 degrees after coating it with oil.
You can also cook your food with moist heat or steam. Steamed vegetables, dumplings, and spring rolls are healthy substitutes for their fried counterparts.
Bake your doughnuts
Deep-fried sweets like doughnuts, funnel cake, fried pies have a special place in anyones’ heart with a sweet tooth. But you can make a healthy version of all these sweets in the oven. Bake your dough at 400 degrees in the oven until the desired color or crust is achieved. To ensure even browning, you can try wrapping the dough in aluminum foil.
How to make delicious oven-fried chicken?
- 1 whole chicken, cut into pieces
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 cup unbleached white flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper (cayenne red pepper can be substituted — increase to 1 teaspoon if extra “heat” is desired)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- Canola cooking spray
- Remove the skin from the chicken and coat the chicken pieces in buttermilk. Put these slathered chicken pieces in a resealable bag and place them in the fridge for several hours or for 24 hours.
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees. In a gallon-sized resealable bag, stir in the dry ingredients like flour, chipotle pepper, cumin, salt, and white pepper. Mix well.
- Take a chicken piece basted with the buttermilk and dip it in the flour mixture. Make sure the dry mixture is evenly coated all over the Pieces. Spray this piece, top, and bottom, with oil. Coat the piece with dry mixture again followed by spraying it with oil.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Broil the chicken 6 inches from the heat for about 1-2 minutes or until the chicken is evenly browned on the outside.
In this article, we answered the question “Can you bake something that is supposed to be fried?”, and how to make oven-fried chicken?