In this article, we will answer the question “Can you bake marshmallows in brownies?”, and what other desserts you can make with brownies.
Can you bake marshmallows in brownies?
Yes, marshmallows can be baked in brownies. The perfect recipe to make fudge brownies with marshmallows is given in the article below.
How to make marshmallow brownies?
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 10 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar, sifted or whisked to break up lumps
- Preheat the oven at 350℉ for 15-20 minutes.
- Line a 9 by 13 inches baking pan with parchment paper. Grease it with an oil spray. Alternatively, you can skip the lining and grease the pan. Parchment paper makes it easier to take out the brownies when baked.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add unsalted butter and dark chocolate. Microwave on high heat with a regular 30-sec interval. After each interval, make sure you stir the chocolate to keep it from burning. This can also be done using a double broiler.
- After melting the chocolate, add salt, sugar, and eggs and whip until mixed completely. Then gently fold in the flour.
- Pour the batter into the lined and greased baking pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes until the edges are firm, and the center has just set. Insert a toothpick in the center to see It it is ready. Ideally, the toothpick should have a few moist crumbs.
- Now is the time to add those marshmallows. After adding the marshmallows on top, keep it in the oven for another 2 minutes to allow the marshmallows to puff and turn golden.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let it sit on the wire rack.
- In a saucepan, mix cocoa powder and milk with butter. Keep the heat medium and whisk the mixture until smooth and creamy. After that, remove the saucepan from the heat and add in the powdered sugar. Whisk it into the chocolate mixture until no lumps remain and the mixture is smooth and shiny.
- Pour the frosting over the puffed marshmallows. Make sure they are evenly coated.
- Before cutting the brownies, let them rest for 1-2 hours after removing them from the oven.
What other desserts you can make with brownies?
Chocolate marshmallow cookies
These cookies are prepared by topping the chocolate cookie base with a marshmallow and finishing off with the chocolate icing on top. Last but not the least, pecan nut is placed on top of the icing.
Marshmallow fruit dip
This dip takes only 10 minutes to make and is served with fresh fruits. It is made by folding whipped topping and marshmallow creme in cream cheese and cherry yogurt.
Chocolate marshmallow peanut butter squares
These fudgy yet crunchy peanut butter squares are filled with the goodness of marshmallows. First, condensed milk, creamy peanut butter, and chocolate chip are melted then they are mixed with pretzels, marshmallows, and Rice Krispies. The batter is poured into a 9 by 13-inch pan and is refrigerated for at least 4 hours.
Sweet Potato and Marshmallow Swirl Cheesecake
To make this cake, cream cheese, sugar, sour cream, whipping cream, butter, vanilla, eggs, pie spice, and sweet potato puree are whisked together until smooth.
In another bowl, marshmallow creme, cream cheese, egg, flour, and vanilla are whisked until smooth
Over the cookie crumb, macadamia nut, and butter vase, sweet potato mixture is poured followed by the marshmallow mixture. This cake is baked for about 60 minutes.
This low-fat rich in a chocolate treat is the perfect munching option whenever you want something sweet. To make this treat, chocolate chips are melted with milk.
Then marshmallows and graham crackers are folded in. The batter is poured into a pan and refrigerated for at least an hour before cutting into it.
This is the perfect treat for children. To make this marshmallow and chocolate delight, peanut butter, chocolate chips, and butter are melted in the microwave.
This mixture is poured over the marshmallows lined in a tray. The pan is put in the fridge to chill completely.
Children love marshmallow pops. Each marshmallow is poked with a pop stick and is dipped in melted chocolate. It can be refrigerated as-is or rolled in sprinkles or any other toppings of your choice.
In this article, we answered the question “Can you bake marshmallows in brownies?”, and what other desserts you can make with brownies.