Can you bake a potato in an air fryer
In this brief guide, we will address the query, “Can you bake a potato in an air fryer?” We will also discuss What is the best potato type to bake in an air fryer? What are the benefits of baking potatoes in an air fryer? How much time do you need to bake a potato in an air fryer? And How to bake a potato air fryer?
Can you bake a potato in an air fryer?
Yes, you can bake a potato in an air fryer to get the perfect baked potato ever.
Air fryer baked potatoes are tender, light and fluffy on the inside yet crispy on the outside, they are prepared easily in almost no time and the good news is that they even use less energy compared to oven-baked potatoes.
Air fryer baked potatoes can be either served as a snack, side dish, or main dish with healthy toppings of your choice.
So if you want to enjoy eating healthy but tasty food and benefit from the numerous benefits of potatoes in your diet with no oil and no calories, then this article is just for you.
We will guide you on the best cooking method for a baked potato and how to perfectly bake your potatoes using an air fryer, here is how to make them with just a few simple steps
and much more tips and tricks to bake like a pro so stay tuned.
What is the best potato type to bake in an Air fryer?
Russet potatoes are considered one of the best choices to make the best-baked potatoes using an air fryer due to their firm texture and thick skin compared to their yellow or red counterparts.
This feature makes russet potatoes tolerate the high cooking temperature needed to make a delicious crispy baked potato with an incredible fluffy pulp.
The second option you have to make the best-baked potatoes using an air fryer is Yukon gold potatoes even though their texture is completely different from the Russet potatoes.
What are the benefits of baking potatoes in an air fryer?
Baking potatoes in an air fryer has many advantages and benefits at different levels starting from your health, time, effort, and cost, so let’s see some of the air fryer baking positive features.
- A delicious perfectly baked potato with a unique texture and crispy skin yet soft fluffy from the inside.
- Energy-saving since air fryer usually consumes less energy than the oven to heat and cook
- It’s a time-saver that will save you a lot of time baking potatoes compared to traditional oven-baking
- Minimal ingredients needed just potatoes
- Only a couple of minutes to prepare the potatoes, then wait and enjoy eating
- Airfryer baked potatoes can be served as a snack, side dish, or the main dish with healthy toppings of your choice
For more detailed guidance, please click the link here
How much time do you need to bake a potato in an air fryer?
Baking potatoes in an air fryer depends on the size of the potatoes, however, it is estimated to take an average between 30-40 minutes at 400˚F
How to make air fryer baked potatoes?
Here are the simple and easy steps to make the perfect best air fryer baked potatoes:
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees F to ensure that all your potatoes will be cooked evenly
- Scrub your potatoes well under running water then pat them dry thoroughly with a kitchen towel
- Poke or stab your potatoes a few times with a fork or knife to create small holes on their surface to avoid their explosion inside the air fryer
- Rub the potatoes with high heat oil so that all sides are coated before baking them to get that crispy skin then sprinkle some salt
- Put the potato tubers in the air fryer basket then air fry – cook them at 400˚F for about 30 minutes until the skin of the potatoes is crispy and the inside is tender and easily pierced by a fork
- If the doneness test shows that the potatoes still have a firm texture, then flip them and cook for about 5-15 minutes more until their inside becomes tender and soft
- Let the air fried baked potatoes cool down until they become easy to handle, then place them on a platter or individual plates
- Slice the potatoes and top them as desired
Tip: Use avocado oil, olive oil, or grapeseed oil to coat potatoes before baking in an air fryer, but refrain from using extra virgin olive oil since it has a lower smoke point
Other FAQs about Potatoes that you may be interested in.
Can you cook potatoes ahead of time for mashed potatoes?
Can you eat a potato when it sprouts?
In this brief guide, we have addressed the query, “Can you bake a potato in an air fryer?” We have also discussed What is the best potato type to bake in an air fryer? What are the benefits of baking potatoes in an air fryer? How much time do you need to bake a potato in an air fryer? And How to bake a potato air fryer?
Hope you found this blog useful. If you have any questions, please let us know.