This blogpost will discuss if you can use a different car for Uber Eats. In addition to this, we will look at the actual requirements that every delivery driver must have in order to start delivering for Uber Eats. Finally, we will mention a few essential things that every Uber Eats driver can use in order to have a better experience in this gig.
Can I use a different car for Uber Eats?
Yes, you can use a different car for Uber eats. To change your car in Uber Eats, you will need to provide the old license plate number as well as the new license plate number of your vehicles so that the platform now knows which car you are delivering with. The swapping process will take around 24 hours after which you can start delivering with the new vehicle.
However, this can be done by only the owner of the Uber Eats account to which the vehicle is linked to. The person can also switch between different types of vehicles such as a car to a scooter or motorbike. The replacement of the vehicle cannot be performed through the GLH and needs to be done only through the form in Uber Eats.
Requirements for Uber Eats drivers
Before a person signs up to be a delivery driver in Uber Eats, they need certain requirements. The most important of these have been mentioned as follows:
- The person must be at least 19 years old or must meet the minimum age to drive in their respective cities.
- They should have a government issued ID which must be provided to Uber Eats by means of a photograph.
- They should also have a Social Security number. Through this number, Uber Eats will perform a background test on the person through Checkr. If the person has any past felonies or DUIs, they will not be allowed to deliver for Uber Eats.
- A vehicle, such as a car or a scooter or motorbike. Whatever the vehicle may be, it needs to be registered in the state and must have insurance. The person can also choose to deliver by bicycle or by foot as well in Uber Eats, for which they will need to tick the required options in the sign-up sheet.
- A driver’s license if the person is planning on using a car or scooter to deliver. For this, commercial driver’s licenses are accepted where the photo is easily visible. The name of the person should also match that in the driver’s license. The driver’s license must be submitted by means of a photo as scanned documents are not accepted in Uber Eats.
Essential items for Uber Eats drivers
Uber Eats drivers need to have a few essential items with them at all times in order to make their gig easier and smoother. These can also improve the service for the customer and thus can positively affect the tips that the drivers receive. The various essential things that Uber Eats drivers must consider carrying with them at all times have been described as follows.
An insulated food bag
This is by far the most important thing that any delivery driver for Uber Eats must consider carrying with them at all times of their gig. An insulated food bag will ensure that the hot food stays hot and the cold food stays cold, all the way from the restaurant’s kitchen to the customer’s dining table.
The delivery driver can also carry a few plastic bags that can come in handy during different situations. While many restaurants certainly go the extra mile in ensuring that the meals are packed properly in order to avoid any spillage, some restaurants might not be so smart and thus the beverages and dishes may spill. In these cases, plastic bags can definitely come in use.
A working flashlight
The delivery driver must also consider getting a working flashlight in order to navigate the streets if they are delivering at night. This can also be used to light up dark alleyways and even staircases while getting the food to the customer’s door.
A bottle of water
Delivering food from house to house is no simple task for Uber Eats drivers. It is important that they carry a bottle of water with them at all times in order to avoid dehydration. They can also have a bottle of Gatorade or any other energy drink which can definitely supply more electrolytes than any bottle of water.
Delivery drivers should also consider getting sensible shoes to use in their route. These shoes are for those who deliver by car or deliver by bicycle. Delivery drivers who are completing their route by foot should consider investing in walking shoes that can, not only help in avoiding aches and pains but can also improve posture.
A cushioned support
Delivery drivers who are using a car for their deliveries can definitely use a cushioned support to prevent back pain after a long day’s work.
Other FAQs about Meal Delivery Services that you may be interested in.
This blogpost has discussed if you can use a different car for Uber Eats. In addition to this, we have looked at the actual requirements that every delivery driver must have in order to start delivering for Uber Eats. Finally, we have mentioned a few essential things that every Uber Eats driver can use in order to have a better experience in this gig.
If you like this blogpost, please leave your comments and questions below.