This post will discuss if you can do DoorDash and Uber Eats at the same time. In addition to this, we will check out some of the benefits of delivering for a food delivery app and why this hustle is becoming so popular today. We will also mention some tips and suggestions that delivery persons can use to earn more money.
Can I do DoorDash and Uber Eats at the same time?
Yes, you can do DoorDash and Uber Eats at the same time. Both these food delivery apps consider their delivery personnel to be gig workers and not part time workers which means that the delivery drivers can work elsewhere as well. Delivering multiple delivery apps at the same time can bring a lot more money to delivery personnel.
Benefits of being a delivery person
While being a delivery person may not exactly be everybody’s dream job, there are certain advantages and benefits that delivering for a food delivery app can bring. Some of the best benefits that delivery drivers of food delivery apps like DoorDash and Uber Eats have been explained in the points below.
- Delivery persons can set their own working hours and work anytime they want. They can also take any number of days off and be assured of work when they return. Basically, delivery drivers for food delivery apps are their own bosses.
- Food delivery apps allow delivery persons to deliver food through a number of ways. The courier can deliver the food by driving in a car, riding a scooter or even a bicycle. Furthermore, they can also deliver the food by foot. Those who choose to deliver through bicycle or foot are often shown much smaller routes to follow.
- The delivery persons in these food delivery apps are paid on a weekly basis. Furthermore, they can also opt to cash out their earnings on a daily basis in certain apps. This is highly in comparison to other jobs that have a monthly salary and ensures a steady inflow of cash always to the delivery driver.
- Since delivering for a food delivery app is often considered a side-hustle, many people have smartly combined their hobbies with this gig. For example, those who enjoy biking can earn money while doing so by delivering food on bicycles. Those who love exploring new corners of cities can do so by delivering food for food delivery apps.
- Most food delivery apps also give great bonuses and incentives to their drivers if they complete a certain number of orders in a particular period of time. These can really boost the earnings of these delivery drivers. They also earn all of the tips that the customer adds to the order subtotal, which can further increase their income.
- Delivering food delivery apps can be great for those who do not like much social interaction, such as introverts. This is because there is very little talking or communication required in this work. The only interaction that comes along is in the restaurant and while dropping off the delivery to the customer.
Tips and suggestions for delivery drivers
Delivery drivers often try many ways to bring in more money. As nice as going around delivering food at your own pace sounds, it is still hard work and many delivery drivers earn very little income even after days of hard work. Some suggestions to help delivery persons earn more money while delivering food have been curated as follows.
- Food delivery apps like DoorDash and Uber Eats have certain bonuses and incentives if the delivery driver is completing a certain number of orders in a specific amount of time. These are called by different names in apps. For example, Uber Eats calls them ‘Quests’. Keep an eye out for these and claim your bonus.
- Since food delivery apps are all about people, nothing beats great customer service. This means being kind and courteous to your customer and even alerting them of delays in the delivery process.
The kinder you are to your customer, the larger the tip that you can expect to receive. The tips are all yours so don’t forget to smile for your customer on your next delivery!
- Insulated bags are important to every delivery driver. These insulated bags will make sure that the hot food stays hot and the cold food stays cold for the customer. You must also remember to separate the contents of this bag so that the food is not contaminated with contents from another parcel. This greatly improves the customer experience, which can reflect positively on tips.
- Remember to choose your orders wisely, especially the stacked ones. The food delivery app will show you various orders to accept, but if you accept the first one that comes by, you may have to spend more on gas or fuel than your earning. Make sure that your delivery orders are close-by and also end in a hotspot.
This post has discussed if you can do DoorDash and Uber Eats at the same time. In addition to this, we have checked out some of the benefits of delivering for a food delivery app and why this hustle is becoming so popular today. We have also mentioned some tips and suggestions that delivery persons can use to earn more money.
If you like this post, please leave your comments and questions in the space below.