In this brief guide, we will address the query, “Can I bake a cake using sufuria in an oven?” We will also clarify What is sufuria? Is it safe to use sufuria in the oven? What are the main steps to bake a cake using sufuria in an oven? And finally, Is it healthy to bake a cake using sufuria in an oven?
Can I bake a cake using sufuria in an oven?
Yes, you can bake a cake using sufuria in an oven safely since this cookware is made up of aluminium which is known to be a good heat conductor.
Baking cakes in the oven using such cooking utensils improves the baking process and makes it more homogeneous and safe without any risk of burning, cracking, melting, or charring.
So no need to think twice, go ahead and try baking your cake next time using your sufuria in the oven and enjoy the pleasure of eating your homemade cake.
What is sufuria?
Sufuria is well known in many countries as being an aluminium pot or container which can be of different sizes, with or without lids. This cooking utensil is characterised by being deep, flat-based, and handleless.
Based on these features sufuria can be used for either cooking, serving, or storing food. It has been traditionally used to cook food over an open fire without the fear of being damaged.
Is it safe to use sufuria in the oven?
Well, based on the above-mentioned features and as long as the sufuria doesn’t have handles or any sticky surface which are heat sensitive, it can be safely used in both normal and fan-assisted or convection ovens without the risk of burning.
However, it is always recommended to use low temperatures during the baking process to protect both your oven and the cookware you are using from any possible damage.
What are the main steps to bake a cake using sufuria in an oven?
You might be wondering how you can bake a cake using sufuria in an oven, here are the main steps that you should follow to use this baking method efficiently and safely and make the perfect cake ever.
- Make sure to preheat your oven up to 350 F and that you are using the right settings before inserting the sufuria.
- Grease the sufuria well with a butter layer and flour to avoid sticking
- Put the cake mould in the sufuria
- Put the sufuria on the middle shelf to enhance airflow and make sure that the heat is evenly distributed
- Place the sufuria in the centre of the oven shelf away from both oven sides
- Don’t forget to put the timer on to avoid any undesired consequences
- Turn the cake accordingly throughout the baking process or swap between racks
- Bake the cakes until their top turns to a bright golden colour.
- Check if your cake is done 5 – 10 minutes before the end of the baking time by inserting a toothpick into its middle where it should come out clean.
- Get the cake out of the oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Run a knife cautiously around the edge of the cake pans then turn them into separate racks and let them cool completely there.
Tip: keep in mind that the cake baking time depends mainly on the cake size and batter amount, so you should adjust the estimated baking time according to this. For example, a 12- inch round cake is estimated to take 50 minutes compared to a 14-inch cake which will take 55 minutes and 60 minutes for the 16- inch size.
For more detailed guidance, please check the link here
Is it healthy to bake a cake using sufuria in an oven?
To be clear about whether baking a cake using sufuria in an oven is a healthy way or not, we should remind you of the fact that even if the term “baked” is related to being healthy what matters are the ingredients and constituents of the cake and the amount of oil, butter and refined sugar which are used not the cooking method.
In this brief guide, we have addressed the query “Can I bake a cake using sufuria in an oven?” We have also clarified What is sufuria? Is it safe to use sufuria in the oven? What are the main steps to bake a cake using sufuria in an oven? And finally, Is it healthy to bake a cake using sufuria in an oven?
Hope you found this blog useful. If you have any questions, please let us know.