In this brief guide, we will discuss the following question, “Can custard go in the fridge?” We will also discuss the nutritional value and health benefits of custard. We will also get to know the proper ways to store custard. We will also discuss the side effects of eating custard.
Can custard go in the fridge?
Yes, custard can go in the fridge. Custard is a dish that can be easily spoiled and it contains many perishable ingredients so it should be stored in the refrigerator.
You can store your homemade custard in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. It should not be stored at room temperature once it has cooled down.
USDA recommends not to use easily perishable foods that are left on the shelf for more than 3 hours. It is recommended to store the custard at 4 degrees centigrade to improve its shelf life.
What is custard and how is it made?
Custard is a dessert that contains milk, and cream and it also contains egg yolk in it.
We have many recipes in which custard is used and all of the recipes have their different consistencies of custard. custards are usually present in the sweet dishes and they are the main part of the desserts.
In order to prepare the custard following steps are followed.
- Add cream and milk together and mix them while heating them just below the boiling point.
- Add eggs, vanilla extract, and sugar along with the corn flour in a bowl and thoroughly mix them.
- Now carefully add the mixture to the milk that you have heated separately. Do this step carefully in order to obtain a smooth texture at the end..
- Heat slowly, stirring with a wooden spoon until the custard thickens but before any lumps develop. This will help to avoid any lumps and get a custard of your desired thickness.
What is the nutritional value of custard?
Custard contains milk, eggs, cornflour, and sugar. It is a high caloric and high in sugar food. It is recommended to eat custard in moderate servings. 100 g of custard contains the following nutrients.
|Vitamin B6||5 %|
|Vitamin B12||8 %|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
What is the proper way to store the custard?
You can store custard the proper way by making use of the following tips mentioned below:
- Allow 5-10 minutes for the custard to get to the normal temperature and then add it into the air-sealed container. This will help to retain the texture and flavour of the custard.
- If you are putting the custard in an open dish then you need to cover it with plastic wrap. To let any remaining heat escape, pierce the plastic wrap a few times.
- Do not keep your custard at room temperature once it is prepared. Custard is perishable and, if left out too long, can induce food illness.
What are the health benefits of custard?
Following are the health benefits of custard:
- Custard is high in calcium as well as B vitamins, particularly vitamin B12. These vitamins and minerals are essential for bone health and cellular metabolism. There are no artificial additives in homemade custard, making it sweeter and healthier to eat.
- Custard is a good and healthy recipe if you are looking forward to an increase in healthy weight then you should consume custard. Keep in mind that do not add excessive sugar which is so harmful to your blood glucose levels.
- Custard is a rich source of proteins as it contains dairy like milk and cream. When compared to other desserts that are mostly fats and sugar, it has a significant protein content. Custards made with skimmed milk powder can be used to boost the protein level.
- Custard can be eaten as it is or given flavours like mango, chocolate, cocoa, and caramel to increase the taste and nutrition value.
What are the downsides of eating custard?
Custard, with its possibly high-fat content and added sugars, can be harmful to your health if consumed frequently. Custard, on the other hand, is fine for most people if consumed infrequently. Store-bought variants may contain potentially dangerous ingredients.
Custard is rich in sugars, milk fat, and cream, and hence its regular and long-term consumption can cause health problems like weight gain and obesity.
In this brief guide, we discussed the following question, “Can custard go in the fridge?” We also discussed the nutritional value and health benefits of custard. We also got to know the proper ways to store custard. We also discussed the side effects of eating custard.