Dr Andréia Handa Suzuki (PhD)
Dr Andréia Handa Suzuki is a food engineer with expertise in Food Packaging, Polymeric Materials, Enzymatic Browning in Foods, Sensory Analysis, and Food Technology. She writes and reviews content on these topics.
Dr Andréia Handa Suzuki Highlights:
- PhD in Food Science from the Federal University of Minas Gerais (Brazil) in sustainable polymeric food packaging to improve fruit shelf-life
- Master’s Degree from Federal University of Minas Gerais (Brazil) in the development of sustainable chemical synthetic route for the production of an additive for polymeric packaging
- Research assistant in the Mechanical Engineering Department of the Federal Unversity of Minas Gerais, working on a project related to epoxidation and biofuel projects
- Sensory coordinator in the Department of Nutrition, Dietetics and Food Science from Utah State University, USU, Logan, Utah, EUA
- Bachelor of Food Engineering at Federal University of Santa Catarina (Brazil)
For more than two years, Dr Andréia Handa Suzuki worked at Utah State University (USA) under the supervision of Dr Silvana Martini. During this period, she worked on many different projects, such as fats crystallization, and sensory analysis. She also worked on many projects at The Western Dairy Center under the supervision of Associate Director Carl Brothersen.
Dr Andréia Handa Suzuki also has a lot of experience working on projects with sustainable materials in different areas, such as Mechanical Engineering. Because of this, she was able to broaden her base of knowledge and was invited, along with some research fellows, to write a book chapter on the matter.
Suzuki, A.H.; Fernando Lage ; Leandro Oliveira ; Adriana Franca . Biological Materials as Precursors for the Production of Resins. Advances in Environmental Research. 1ed.:, 2016, v. 49
She has experience reviewing scientific articles as a reviewer for the Journal of Elastomers and Plastics and has also worked as a consultant on many scientific projects.
You can view some of Dr Andréia Handa Suzuki’s works below.
Does black pepper go bad?
In this brief article, we will discuss the question “Does black pepper go bad?” and how to maintain its quality. Does black pepper go bad? Yes, black pepper does go […]
Can peanut oil be reused? (3 signs of spoilage)
In this brief article, we will answer the question: can peanut oil be reused? We will also explain the shelf life of peanut oil, its recommended storage conditions, signs […]
How long is yogurt good for? (+3 ways you can tell)
In this article, we will answer the question “How long is yogurt good for?”, and how to tell if the yogurt is bad? How long is yogurt good for? The […]
Does cocoa powder go bad?
In this article, we will answer the question “Does cocoa powder go bad?”, and how to tell if the cocoa powder has gone bad. Does cocoa powder go bad? Yes, […]