In this article, we will answer the question “Are Calphalon non-stick pans oven-safe?
Are Calphalon non-stick pans oven-safe?
Yes, calphalon non-stick pans are oven safe however, pans from different collections have different temperatures they are able to endure.
There are also many safety measures you need to take while putting Calphalon non-stick pans in the oven.
What are non-stick pans?
Non-stick pans are coated with anodized aluminum, silica, and enameled cast iron so that other materials do not stick to the surface while cooking.
Advantages of Non-stick pans
- They are easier to clean as food does not stick to the pan
- They are long-lasting as they are more durable which means they can handle extreme temperatures
- They are also less prone to scratches and breakage thus can last a lifetime
Difference between Non-stick and Stainless Steel pans
There are many differences between non-stick and stainless steel pans. While non-stick pans are coated with chemicals to prevent any sticking, stainless steel has no coating.
Oven-safe Calphalon non-stick pans
Calphalon Premier, Calphalon Contemporary, Calphalon Classic can withstand temperatures as high as 450°F while Select by Calphalon and Simply Calphalon are oven-safe at 400°F.
Are Calphalon non-stick pans broiler safe?
Non-stick pans should not be put under the broiler. The non-stick coating cannot endure the flames so when exposed to these flames the coating wears off and harmful fumes are produced. Simply Calphalon and Select by Calphalon in the Stainless Steel collection are only exceptions but when used without their lids.
Things to avoid when using a Calphalon non-stick pan in the oven
- Drastic changes in temperature can cause the pan to warp so allow the pan to cool before washing
- Putting the pan on the broiler can cause the finish to blister
- Do not heat above the recommended temperature as non-stick pans can release
gasses when overheated
- Be careful with the handles as they will get hot too
- Overheating can also cause the non-stick pan to lose its non-stick qualities
In the article, we answered the question “Are Calphalon non-stick pans oven-safe?”